Missing Duck Other is Scared

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mr1duck2, Jul 8, 2016.

1. mr1duck2

mr1duck2 New Egg

Apr 15, 2016
    Some racoons got to my ducks and sadly my Blue Swedish is gone and my Pekin is still petrefied a few days later. I have been looking on the forums but don't know what to do about my unique situation. I was gone on a backpacking trip and when i got back, (earlier today) i was told about this. I have been trying to give my Pekin (Butter) A lot of attention but any time i leave he is quacking and scared. My parents really don't want to get a new duck, but i really want butter to feel safe. I read someone say that you could try giving them a stuffed animal to sleep with, but butter doesnt really care for it but i will try later tonight. I am actually sitting outside keeping him company now. He has taken to following my dog around because he is lonely and i really want to know if he will start being normal again and act like he had before. Is there anything i can do to make him feel safe when i and the dog are both in the house and he is out alone? Thanks so much.

2. Ren2014

Ren2014 Blessed Beyond Hope Premium Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Texas
    Sorry for your loss[​IMG] Butter needs a duck companion. I know your parents said no to that so try putting a mirror in with him. It will take him time but he will come back around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by