Hi there! Two of my ducks have recently had ducklings and they stay in a shed at night. The other ducks prefer to sleep outside but two nights ago one of my adult ducks went missing. Thismorning I woke up to two more of them gone. They were all very healthy and no signs of a struggle so I’m just wondering what could have happened. I live in Australia and the only predators we really have are crows. Was thinking the ducklings may have attracted the crows but since they can’t get to them, they went after the ducks instead? Very sad because I loved them very much and I’m worried it’s going to happen again but I can’t put them away in the shed at night because the parents of the ducklings get stressed when the others are in there. Sorry if this is a little confusing. Thanks!
Edit: The ducks reside right next to council land so anyone can come past and see them so I was also thinking they could have been stolen? Not sure if this is a possibility but honestly just brainstorming right now.

Just had a thought!!!
Christmas is coming, do people eat duck in your part of the world? A neighbour lost three geese last December!!! He’s sure they were for the plate! How sad, you must be worried, let’s hope they return, do ducks migrate?

Back
Top Bottom