Missing Feathers?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Dinos_rock, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Dinos_rock

Dinos_rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    The other day I noticed my chicken, Sammy, was missing some feathers on his chest and back. I only have two chickens, and the other one is lower on the pecking order – or so I thought… They both grew up together since chicks and they never had any problems until now.[​IMG] Here are a couple pics of Sammy’s chest:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are a few pics of his back:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a pic of them together:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Anyway, I don’t know why this started. Any thoughts? And does anyone know something I can feed him to better help his feather growth? Should I separate them? I didn’t want them to be lonely, but if its for the best... Also does anyone know the gender of them? I know the silver chicken is not a close pick (I’ll try to get a pic tomorrow), but I am almost sure Sammy is boy. So, any advice? Thanks in advance![​IMG]

2. Pinenot

Pinenot Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    What a little cutie! Have you checked for lice? I would sprinkle some garden Seven on them and their bedding. I don't know what else it would be other than that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by