Missing Guineas

Blondey6224

In the Brooder
May 26, 2015
I have within the past 48 had three out of six of my guinea fowl go missing, one female and two male. However I don't believe anything killed them because between the time period they went missing, I was located on the top of a hill where I can usually even hear my chickens clucking even though it's around a quarter of a mile away from my house and I heard no loud shrieking noises from my Guineas like I would expect if one were to be eaten.

so sorry you have missing babies. I will tell you this, around here we are having buzzards sweep down grab live animals just like hawks and take off and are eaten at another location. Hate to tell you this but may be something you want to watch for. I was told by the game warren that if they land in the yard or are sweeping down threatening my chickens I could legally kill them. This is something you may want to keep an eye in the sky for. You can legally kill any predator that is threatening your flock, whether it be dog, buzzard, cat, coyote, fox, etc. Just wanted to pass this along and again so sorry for your loss. I know how it fells, have loss my chickens which are my pets as well, to dogs digging under my fence as well as coyotes.

Hope this is helpful.

Back
Top Bottom