Missing in Fairfax County, VA...help..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by saxet, Sep 28, 2010.

1. saxet

saxet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2010
    TX
    I am 1200 miles south, and unable to act, but one of my dogs went missing. She just moved to her new home this weekend and yesterday (monday) morning, she ran off. Very bonded dog, and I am sure she is unfortunately, looking for her 'real' family (being me) If you are in the Springfield VA area, please keep your eyes open for this loving dark brindle, black looking Dutch Shepherd, (looks like a smaller version of a German shepherd, with different markings) that is now roaming an area that is totally unfamiliar to her. Her new family is crushed. And so am I. If anyone has suggestions on how to activate the Amber alert for dogs, please share them with me. The usual (posters, vets, animal control, shelters, police, mailmen, fedex) has been activated.
    Help!

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Craigslist, Petfinder. Just 2 I could think of.

3. saxet

Jun 2, 2010
    TX
    Petfinder? I will have to check that out. I thought you could only post to it if you were a rescue organisation?
    Craigslist good idea. Thanks.

4. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    Calling vets in the area, craigslist, notifying animal controls and humane societies. posting pics of her, her old name....

5. Criskin

Criskin Lost somewhere in a book

Definitely go for Craigslist! I've seen many happy reunions play out on the pets section of the community board.

6. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    what about online newspaper for that area? Hope they find him!

7. saxet

Jun 2, 2010
    TX
    Thanks everyone. I am working on every suggestion and hoping for that happy ending.

8. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    You can also try dogster.com to get the word out.

9. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Don't just call the shelters - go there in person and look for yourself. Shelter workers are wonderful but don't always identify breeds or descriptions correctly. I know this from experience. Good luck.

ETA: I just reread your post. Have her new family go and see for themselves.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  10. saxet

Jun 2, 2010
    TX
    So did you get your dog back, Sunnychooks? [​IMG]

I would be on every doorstep in the neighborhood, if I was closer. For now, I can only rejoice in the two recent sightings around where she went missing, the last one being today. Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. They are being passed along.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by