Missing Muscovy! - Update Found but Not Caught!

crunchynut

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
New England
Yesterday we got a Muscovy trio. They are living with our chickens and seemed content last night and this morning. I did open the coop door to the fenced run because the person we got them from said he'd clip their wings for us. Just went out to check on them and one of the two females is missing - no feathers or sign of a problem, just gone! Now my husband is saying he doesn't remember seeing their wings clipped before he took them home.

Since another female and male are still here, any hope she'll just come back? I don't know how well she can fly or if she is clipped or not. Looked all around our property and neighbors but can't see her.

Any tips to encourage her back if she's still nearby?
--------------------------
She's nearby alright. Two questions now answered. Her wing obviously was not clipped as she is roosting on my neighbors roof.

Now, how do I get her down?

Last edited:
Well, she came down, but now don't know where she went. She was up there in one spot for hours - hopefully she liked that spot and will show up there again today.

I'd put out some food.. mine really like whole corn... then keep a close eye and be ready... fortunately, their desire for food is pretty good. I keep all mine full flight here BUT they have been raised here... i also keep "areas" like around their barn/coops is food, water, swimming places etc to draw them into this area.

I hope you get her~

Thank you. We have a dish of food out for her since I saw her on the roof, but she didn't pay any attention to it . I'd feel better if I just knew where she was hanging out. Not knowing where she is or how far she may have gone is difficult in figuring out if I'll ever get her back. We're also expecting a snowstorm tonight into tomorrow (can't wait for spring to actually start!).

Back
Top Bottom