Missing My Chicks !!

kbreak

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 1, 2011
Columbia, MS
We moved our 6 week old chicks and mom down to the new coop. They are no longer outside my back porch. We bought a 10x10 dog run and put tarps on 3 sides and over it. We put a large dog carrier with hay for them to get in. They seemed so small in that big pen.
hit.gif
. They have never been handled so it was I am sure traumatic to be handled and moved to a new home. They do have their momma though ! I went after dark to check and they were all snuggled in ! Will post some pictures tomorrow !

Looking forward to seeing those pictures!
wink.png

I know, at first the chicks looked so tiny and helpless out in the big bad world. But soon they take over the coop and are perching on the roosts like they own the place.
gig.gif

I had my baby chicks in my room with me (I wouldn't put them anywhere else because of my sisters cat.) When I had to move them out into the coop it was so sad! No chirping, no peeping, nothing
hit.gif
It was very sad!!! They'll thank you in time for giving them the extra room to move around! Enjoy watching them grow, can't wait to see the pics!

Well, they have made it several nights in their new pen. Much more room. I can actually go in and start trying to handle them some. The first night they slept inside the carrier and last night and tonight on top on it. They still trying to get under momma! Here few pictures of their new home. Would like some input on what you think hen/roo. I think I have 3 of each. But I am new to chickens.
New Home
110761_chicks_6_weeks_059.jpg

Hen and 2 roos ??
110761_chicks_6_weeks_008.jpg

Hen ??
110761_chicks_6_weeks_022.jpg

Next 2 pics roosters??
110761_chicks_6_weeks_024.jpg

110761_chicks_6_weeks_023.jpg

Hen ?
110761_chicks_6_weeks_034.jpg

Last edited:
On the top pic I think all might be cockerels. I think you got it right. Looks like 2 cockerels and 2 pullets.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom