*Missing peacock* please help! Location Catlett, Virginia (Fauquier county)

dracoe19

Songster
8 Years
May 31, 2011
Warrenton, Virgina
A strange peacock recently arrived at our house. Either abandoned or wondered but he completely uprooted the balance we had with our peacocks. He chased our white eyed pied india blue male off our property. We tried to find the males owner with no luck and decided to catch him and bring him to a sanctuary before he caused more trouble. The new male left right when we were about to catch him and take him to the sanctuary. Now the big problem is Belaclease (our white eyed pied India blue) has still not come home... Last we saw him he was headed east on 605. My brother and mother drove searching but could not find him. If you or anyone knows ANY information on his location please contact us! He is one of my dads favorite birds and he misses him dearly. He is our pet and we truly miss him and want him home safely. We are actively searching but any help is greatly appreciated. If some how someone is able to capture him or help us do so we will give a reward!

-------------------REWARD------------------
Up for grabs would be a black Orpington cockerel (son of my show girl) and a blue Orpington hen. The cockerel would be a great addition to a flock and I was planning on showing him. He shows great potential and is huge. OR another option would be black copper maran chicks. Hatched by a friend from show quality lines. They lay dark chocolate eggs and are very popular among chicken keepers.

If you have any sightings or information please call me (Abby) at (540)270-6442. Thank You!

Last edited:
Well, I'd check with some of the neighboring farms. Chances are he's shacked up nearby in somebody's hen or peacock yard. You might want to post a reward on craigslist and/or put out some flyers. Sorry it worked out that way but it's never a happy situation with two cocks.

We have checked with all our neighbors. They were watching him for us but he moved from their property. They are no peacocks or peafowl in our area. I still have a sneaky suspicion someone dumped him at our property because they knew we had peacocks and nobody within quite a few miles of us does not. We have the neighbors watching too. It seems he is crossing over to unknown properties... I'll be putting up posters and might put him on Craigslist. I'm afraid someone from there is just going to come and take him.... For the unknown one that came to my home I put a found sign on Craigslist and just had a bunch of greedy people saying gimme. I'm just hoping he decides to come back since the random peacock is gone now.

During my recent lost peacock experience I flyered and put ads on Craigslist.
But the most important thing was making phone calls.

Call your local Humane Society, animal control, vets, animal rescue, feed stores, etc.
And then keep calling them back.

I called all of these places, and the woman who found my pea also called all of these places, but only ONE person who had talked to both of us (at the wildlife rescue) managed to put 2 and 2 together and reunite me with my boy.
So you need to be persistent.

Good luck!

During my recent lost peacock experience I flyered and put ads on Craigslist.
But the most important thing was making phone calls.

Call your local Humane Society, animal control, vets, animal rescue, feed stores, etc.
And then keep calling them back.

I called all of these places, and the woman who found my pea also called all of these places, but only ONE person who had talked to both of us (at the wildlife rescue) managed to put 2 and 2 together and reunite me with my boy.
So you need to be persistent.

Good luck!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom