Missing Silkie!!!

For some reason, both of my new silkies have decided that they like to hang out with our meaties. There is a tarp over the top and back edge of their tractor. The tarp kinda bunches up where it touches the ground and she was huddled up in the folds. I looked there, but I didn't go as far as to move the tarp. DBF says he's caught her hiding there before. Is that normal for silkies? Anyway, gaps in fence are now up for immediate mending. Thanks, all!

Hoooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
It would break my heart to lose one like that!!!!

Quote:
Meaties put off a lot of heat... she was used to cuddling with the meaties, so I guess it's only natural that she would continue.
lol.png
Sorry you went through the panic... Glad she's ok.
smile.png

I've lost my silkie hen, Miss Muffin, twice this last week and found her both times in the most ridiculous places. Both times she was inside her coop. Once in the hay! She had actually buried herself down inside the hay as if hiding. And she may have been... from Mr. Jingles. He can be a bit overbearing at times.

The second time I lost her, she was again in the coop, hiding in a little cubby-hole under the ladder to their roost. I actually looked their twice before finding her and did not see her either time. I honestly do believe she has been hiding from her mate as he's become a little aggressive with her. It may be time to allow her a vacation to another coop.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom