Mission Viejo, CA ? So are they legal or not?

Anyone still have chickens?  I SO want to find a way to change the city ordinance to allow chickens as pets like they do in Costa Mesa and Huntington Beach.  Outdated laws...If I have to listen to dogs bark...they can handle a chicken.  At least my chickens won't poop on their lawns and at least mine will make great fertilizer for the garden!
Sign the petition" Mission Viejo Chicken Project"at petitions24.com,we can change this!

Hello,

I looked for Mission Viejo Chicken project on Petition24.com but found nothing. Was it removed? Any progress?

Thank you.

Hi,

I have some questions about the legality of keeping chickens. I live in Mission Viejo, Ca. I'm finding all sorts of lists of cities where it's legal to keep chickens online and Mission Viejo is on that list for 2 hens, no roosters allowed. But city code 9.59.115-1 says no chickens allowed. It specificially reads Animals . Animals, livestock, poultry or bees kept, bred or maintained for any purpose or in violation of any provision of the City Municipal Code. I had called the city back in Spring 2008 and was told I was not allowed to keep chickens. But now I'm finding all this lists that say I can but nothing in the city code. Does anyone know about this? Anyone keeping chickens in Mission Viejo?

Thanks!
https://www.petitions24.com/backyard_chickens_in_mission_viejoca

Hi,

I have some questions about the legality of keeping chickens. I live in Mission Viejo, Ca. I'm finding all sorts of lists of cities where it's legal to keep chickens online and Mission Viejo is on that list for 2 hens, no roosters allowed. But city code 9.59.115-1 says no chickens allowed. It specificially reads Animals . Animals, livestock, poultry or bees kept, bred or maintained for any purpose or in violation of any provision of the City Municipal Code. I had called the city back in Spring 2008 and was told I was not allowed to keep chickens. But now I'm finding all this lists that say I can but nothing in the city code. Does anyone know about this? Anyone keeping chickens in Mission Viejo?

Thanks!

Hi All.

Received an mail from Animal Services Center for the City of Mission Viejo who wanted to set the record straid.

She pointed out the following

Sec.9.59.110. Nuisances designated.
It shall be unlawful and it is hereby declared to be a public nuisance for any person owning, leasing, occupying or having charge of any residential, agricultural, commercial, industrial, business park, office, educational, religious, vacant or other property within the city to maintain such property in such a manner that any of the following conditions are found to exist thereon:

(a) Animals . Animals, livestock, poultry or bees kept, bred or maintained for any purpose or in violation of any provision of the City Municipal Code.

See the following link as well

https://cityofmissionviejo.org/depa...nt/regulations/sec959110-nuisances-designated

She also noted the following: "This applies to Mission Viejo as well as our contracted cities which include Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Rancho Santa Margarita, and Aliso Viejo"

They can be contacted on (949) 470 3045

Hi All.

Received an mail from Animal Services Center for the City of Mission Viejo who wanted to set the record straid.

She pointed out the following

Sec.9.59.110. Nuisances designated.
It shall be unlawful and it is hereby declared to be a public nuisance for any person owning, leasing, occupying or having charge of any residential, agricultural, commercial, industrial, business park, office, educational, religious, vacant or other property within the city to maintain such property in such a manner that any of the following conditions are found to exist thereon:

(a) Animals . Animals, livestock, poultry or bees kept, bred or maintained for any purpose or in violation of any provision of the City Municipal Code.

See the following link as well

https://cityofmissionviejo.org/depa...nt/regulations/sec959110-nuisances-designated

She also noted the following: "This applies to Mission Viejo as well as our contracted cities which include Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Rancho Santa Margarita, and Aliso Viejo"

They can be contacted on (949) 470 3045

Attachments

• City Codes info pertaining to BYC.pdf
    535.1 KB · Views: 14
Hi!
I have a serama chicken pet for my 9 years old boy and the neighbor complained about it. The police and animal control visit us and told that we need to remove the chicken in the community or they will charge us. With our situation in pandemic time the only good for our children to be back in nature and not to be addicted in war games electronic things, let them learn to love the nature and chicken are the part of nature. What is the different between dogs, cats and birds to a chicken specially for miniature one. Please help us to change this laws.

Hi!
I have a serama chicken pet for my 9 years old boy and the neighbor complained about it. The police and animal control visit us and told that we need to remove the chicken in the community or they will charge us. With our situation in pandemic time the only good for our children to be back in nature and not to be addicted in war games electronic things, let them learn to love the nature and chicken are the part of nature. What is the different between dogs, cats and birds to a chicken specially for miniature one. Please help us to change this laws.
Did you ever take it up with the city and, if so, what was the outcome? I have wanted to have chickens for years!

Back
Top Bottom