Mississippi???

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mlmadura, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Janiecoke

Janiecoke Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2012
    Glen Mississippi
    My husband stayed at Allens creek resort for almost two yrs while building the fed courthouse.

2. blond chick

blond chick Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2012
    I am getting 5 Easter eggers, 10 Red sex links, 1 black copper maran rooster. I hope to breed some olive eggers... [​IMG] I hope to anyway LOL

3. Tweetyfarm

Tweetyfarm New Egg

Mar 11, 2012
    I'm in Laurel. Just getting started. Have 12 BC Marans eggs in the inc. and 20 chicks (Marans / Blue Wheatons / Ameraucanas) on the way. Great idea for the FB page!

4. chopperglide

chopperglide Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2012
    Mississippi
    Hattiesburg here. New to the fun. Even though as a kid we had tons. Now i am introducing my kids to the fun! We've had our bitties for about 4 weeks now from a local feed and seed in OG. We also visited Hub City West just to meet some people and check out the wares. Boy do they get there early! 4am! and even earlier. Anyway, we have 4 RIR, 3 Bantams and 3 Barred Rock and one VERY spoiled pekin duck. I explained to my kids that just because they have names doesn't mean we won't eat them, especially roosters.....but....i am not sure i will win that battle this time. Just put them outside in the pin we've built and they are loving it! I am looking for any advice on predators. We have two dogs who seem to do well and protect the yard fine, but are inside at night. We've had hawks around but my pin is totally covered. So now I am rambling, but look forward to being part of the community. Oh, someone mentioned a FB page, did that get off the ground? i'd love to be a part of that too!

Chris
    The D5 Farm (that's what my middle child named it)

Sir Barton the Loud..."Bart"...one very spoiled duck!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  5. CamiLynn

CamiLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    Southern Mississippi
    I'm on the Gulf Coast and Brooklyn (my bf and coop are in Brooklyn) I have a Barred Rock hen, 3 2-month old crosses of New Hampshire/Rhode Island (suppose to be all hens but I'm think I may have gotten a roo in the mix), 2 Silver Laced Wynedotte pullet chicks, 2 black star pullet chicks, 2 rhode island pullet chicks, 2 TSC specials and what I believe is a Self Blue D'uccle (sex to be determined) chick.

Hi fellow Mississippiens! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Hi all and [​IMG] North, MS here! Glad you joined!!

7. jbwells30

jbwells30 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2012
    hey sikie. we're in Coldwater

8. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Byhalia here, not that far at all! Howdy neighbor!! [​IMG]

9. blond chick

blond chick Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2012
    Grenada here ... Whhhhwoooo I will get my chicks on April 3 rd.. I am ready for the babies and my hubby is gearing up too. He did not want them at first so I have had to drag him kicking and screaming into the world of chickens.[​IMG]But he is letting me have my way with it [​IMG] I think he figure it was easier than trying to say no way to me. LOL

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  10. jbwells30

jbwells30 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2012
    Loosking for some guineas. can anyone help me out?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by