Missouri goats

@cityfarmer12 Thank you, I already checked them out and they are way too expensive there, but just a couple hours ago my Amish friend called me and told me he knew someone who had some crosses, and I just went and picked one out! Here she is

@cityfarmer12 Thank you, I already checked them out and they are way too expensive there, but just a couple hours ago my Amish friend called me and told me he knew someone who had some crosses, and I just went and picked one out! Here she is
your welcome! yeah, too expensive for me to, just thought id throw it out there!

she's beautiful!!
love.gif
good choice!
thumbsup.gif

What's the going rate for baby girl goats? Or, what is a good price, and what's expensive? Even better, who might have some closer to Rolla? Even just so I can get milk, if I am not ready to buy the goat yet?

@BBrady I would check in with any Amish that live around you, a lot of Amish people have goats and they should still have some babies right now, I got mine for $40 from an Amish friend of mine. So I would say if you found someone with some they would be between $40-$60

Hm. I have a friend who lives closer to St. Louis who sells goat kids for $350 (or on that scale). I think it must be a rare breed though. It's the only reference I have. I will look into an Amish source. Does it matter if it's for meat or dairy?

@BBrady They're probably selling theirs for that much because they're purebred and registered. A lot of breeders have them for that price. As I said, I got mine from an Amish friend, and she's mixed breed, and also not registered, because even if an Amish had a purebred goat, which a lot of them do, they don't register them, so that makes them a lot cheaper. If you're wanting a goat for milk then yes you'll want a dairy goat, good breeds are saanen and Nubian. Also lamancha and alpine. Mine is a saanen cross, and she's either crossed with a Nubian, or a boer (which is actually a meat goat) but supposedly, saanen/boer crosses make good milk. So if you're just wanting a goat to provide milk for your family, you can't go wrong with an unregistered or mix breed, but you want some some sort of dairy or dairy cross

Back
Top Bottom