Missouri here. Sick 2 month old cochin hen. Treating with corid. No poop in stool but still tired etc. Need to know if im dosing right. Just need help

Save a Chick and Nutridrench should be at any of the feed stores-cheaper. But online or Amazon works. I attached pics of the products!

The probiotics I got came from Amazon but have seen different ones in the feed stores too!

I’m so sorry this is happening!
Thank you somuch!!

Hi, Jodi, sorry for your troubles. Are you providing chick grit? Once you add anything to the diet besides chick starter, they must have grit to aid in digestion. You say you are feeding scratch, so your chick definitely needs grit to digest that. Don't switch to a layer feed until she starts laying. In fact, you never need to switch to layer if you just provide calcium in the form of crushed oyster shell in a separate feeder or dish. That way any chickens that are not layers won't get extra calcium in their diet, which can be harmful to their kidneys. This would include males, older hens, or any that are molting.

:frow Welcome to BYC! I'm in MO, too!
Thank you so much for the info. I only gave her the scratch 2 days as I had ran out of chick starter, and the feed store in our little town is closed. I've pulled it from her now. I won't do that again. Going to the feed store first thing in the morning. So she should just continue on starter for a while longer? Then switch over... prayers that she lives!! We love all our fur baby's on this Farmet!! I will also be picking up some vitamins and electrolytes for her. I hope and pray she makes it!!

Thank you so much for the info. I only gave her the scratch 2 days as I had ran out of chick starter, and the feed store in our little town is closed. I've pulled it from her now. I won't do that again. Going to the feed store first thing in the morning. So she should just continue on starter for a while longer? Then switch over... prayers that she lives!! We love all our fur baby's on this Farmet!! I will also be picking up some vitamins and electrolytes for her. I hope and pray she makes it!!
I hope she makes it, too, keep us posted! We all do things differently around here. I start mixing the grower with all-flock at about 2 months, gradually switching it over until the young ones are completely on all-flock by 4 or 5 months. The formulas are not that different, it's the % of protein that's different. Once you start integrating them, they are going to be eating at the grown-up's table, so to speak, if they have access to the adult feeders. Our adult feeders are not easy for the little ones to get into, so we do have some control over it.

Back
Top Bottom