MISSOURI ! ! !

Keyteseville has a sale on the 3rd sunday of the month starting in March I think, maybe February then runs through October, last time, they said something about maybe a november sale but that has not been confirmed.

for all you newbies to Ketyesville's sale, they have eggs, supplies sometimes, cinnamon rolls sometimes MMMMM GOOOD!!!! cooked by the Amish! then they start selling baby chicks, then on to chicks, ducks and whatever else birdy they happen to have, they have sold pot bellied pigs, then they sell goats, piggies, lambs, billy goats, and sometimes cows. Good times have been had by all!!!!

Sometimes you get a good deal sometimes you don't but there ya go!

Coach Windsor is hilarious. I KNOW he was on cloud 9. After 8 years WOW, we finally have it back

Wow Ninnyl, you are about as close to Arkansas as I am to Iowa! lol I have heard of West Plains, but never been that far south. Seems like years ago when we were at Lake of the Ozarks I met some people from there though.

Hello fellow show me state people!! Does anyone live around the Truman Lake area? The fish are just starting to bite again and the weather is great!! There is no place on the map better than Missouri in the fall, my favorite season.
bun.gif

Quote:
Sheila, go to the Sedalia Missouri poultry association show October 18th and they will have a swap there. I am going and can look for one for ya if you need me to. I am in Marceline!

Hello Fellow Stater's

Make a trip and come visit with me at the big sale!

Check under the swap and auction section for the K & L Exotic Animal and Bird auction.

It is held in Yates Center, Kansas, I live in Missouri now, and it is still well worth the drive. Where else can you go and see 20+ head of exotic cattle, 30+ mini horses and then some mini donkeys, 30-40 llamas and the some alpacas, 200-300 head of sheep and goats all be auctioned off. Not to mention 400+ cages of birds (poultry, gambirds, waterfowl, peacocks, pigeons, and turkeys and guineas) and then if that's not enough another 250+ lots of cage birds (macaws, conures, exotic doves, finches, lovebirds, cockatiels, and plenty others).

Come, let's get together and talk birds and see birds and buy birds.

Jason Kramer

Hi folks,

We're not in Missouri yet, but my fiancee and I will be there by late may/early june 2009
smile.png
We're currently stuck in Los Angeles CA til she's done with college, and we're moving immediately after she's done. (We've had enough of LA, CA, astronomical cost of living, etc). We'll be working in the St. Louis area and hopefully living somewhere outside the city.

My family is from the Pike County IL/MO area. When we get back, I'm going to be building a coop for mom, and another for my grandparents and getting them set up with some dual purpose chickens. I've been lurking and reading the BYC forum for a little while now, and I love it.

Found out about Griffith Poultry Farm in Fulton from BYC too, and that's who I'm planning to buy our chicks from. It'll be nice to be able to go and pick them up. I also like the idea of keeping my money local and supporting small business.

Anyway, thought I'd give a shout out here on the Missouri thread to let ya'all know we're on our way, can't wait! *laugh*

Cason wrote:

Lolli Brothers in Macon, Mo has several of these gigantic four day exotic sales several times per year. Might be a good place to meet.

I totally agree with that!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom