MISSOURI ! ! !

I live in SW Missouri, near Greenfield. Just got my chickens this spring. 15 of them, four are roosters. Anyone need Polish crested boys?
big_smile.png

Cheri

Hey Missourians,

What all little chicken buying auctions or swaps do we have around this great state?

Oh and the person from Greenfield I believe your just right up the road from me. I'm in Golden City.

There is a small animal auction on Thursday evenings in Lockwood, not been there yet.

We drive through GC on our way to Lamar. Gotta love Orschlens!

Cheri

I'm located 3.5 miles from the Arkansas state line! There's a poultry auction that I go to almost every Sunday that carries a few special breeds. What bothers me the most is the chickens have been so over crowded by the breeder that their back feathers are gone and their tail feathers are gone. When theres a 2'x2'x4' cage with 20 full grown roosters in it, you can tell this owners has to own A LOT of chickens. I follow USDA standards in my business and have been doing research on the regulations pertaining to chickens. What regulations? There are none!
Some days I feel like,"hey, they're just chickens!" But other times when I see how happy, healthy and safe my chickens are, I can't help but think there must be some way to make sure even our "food" birds are kept comfortable, clean and happy at least up until they are butchered!
Do I sound stupid? Or are there others who feel this way?
hu.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
There are regulations when it comes to selling poultry. It's just that at all or most of the small sales no one cares to go and enforce them. The big K&L auction that I was advertising in Kansas is one of only two auctions that I know of in Kansas that is checked for any of the regulations.
Talk about competion, hard to win when you have the state against you also.

Back
Top Bottom