MISSOURI ! ! !

Hello, I am from High Ridge. It's10 or so miles south of STL I am really happy to hear from fellow Missourians. Anyone near me? Haven't seen any post from my area or even near the STL. Hey lets keep this thread going and see how many missourians we can get!
cool.png

Last edited:
Hey chickenshagg I grew up in St. Charles. My dad still lives there. My hubby and I moved up to Moscow Mills a few years ago after a short time in the Lake St Louis area, to escape that growing area.

Oops on the barred rocks, maybe you'll luck out and the neighbors won't mind you keeping at least 1.

Smiles
Jul

Hi guys i have been on here before but wanted to say hi to all the newbies. Kathyinmo I have test eggs i could ship to you, but it is kinda hot right now.

I have a tiny tiny backyard hatchery. We have Brahmas, New Hampshire Reds, Buff Orpingtons, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Rhode Island Reds, Partridge Cochins, BBS Cochins, Blue Plymouth Rocks, Black Jersey Giants, Cuckoo Marans, Quail OEGs and Lemon Blue OEGs.

We are trying to expand our breeds and looking for gold laced wyandottes, BLR wyandottes, Blue jersey giants, and red cochins.

That is our goal for this year. Hope to keep this thread going!

Sheila
Panther Creek Poultry

Quote:
Howdy, my wife and I are about 2 hours north of you right now, on the IL side of the river. However, we're moving down that way as soon as I get a job lined up around St. Louis. We'd actually like to find a place to rent down your way where we could have a few chickens... til we can afford to buy next year.
wink.png

Panther Creek Poultry
Kathyinmo I have test eggs i could ship to you, but it is kinda hot right now.

Sheila,
That would be wonderful. I am anxious to try out the bator. How far away are you from me? I am in Nevada, MO. Maybe it would be best for me to pick them up. I hear the hatch rate is lower on shipped eggs.
Kathy​

Quote:
I will double check but I am fairly certain you can have chickens in St. Louis County. I am in an incorporated area within St. Louis County-and we can keep 8.

I have an interview in Fenton tomorrow morning, wish me luck!

We'd be happy to find something within 45 minutes drive of Fenton, preferably as rural as possible. Problem is we are having a hard time finding any ads for rural rental houses. Somebody out there *has* to have some little old farm house they want to rent out or something, even a trailer on a few acres would work for a year or so.

We've been checking Craigslist but I just don't know where else to look, I would imagine stuff like that isn't advertised in the Post Dispatch.
hmm.png

ideas?

Hi Sappy!
I live not too terribly far from you in a little town called Richwoods. It is South of St. Clair and West of Desoto. It is almost exactly a 45 minute drive from my house to Fenton. I will keep my eye out for any farms for rent around here and let you know if I hear of anything.
smile.png

I got the job offer today, so I'll definitely need to find a place down that way if anybody knows of a chicken-friendly place for rent! We're looking as far from Fenton as Sullivan and Troy for right now, but may expand our search a bit more if we don't have good luck with that.

Back
Top Bottom