MISSOURI ! ! !

Hello to all the latest posters from Missouri! I'm north of Springfield, Mo about 40 minutes. Since there are quite a few members from the Ozarks here now, I wonder if anyone in the group knows who owns Ozark Hills Poultry??
http://www.freewebs.com/snipeeasyc/

I've wanted to contact them, no email on the website or other contact info, but I did find an email address elsewhere and haven't gotten a response so I wondered if they were still even in business.

Hope you all are enjoying the rain today! Finally! It's been so hot my hens were very sluggish about laying but they have moulted and have started laying again. I'm especially excited about my Serama's, a pullet laying her first eggs and my 6 month old rooster that I hatched here is the roo with them. Here he is and he's still a baby with maturing to do he will only get better. Currently A sized.

8809_seramaroo1_byroo1aug25_2010_02.jpg

Hi ev everyone! We recently moved from PA Gettysburg area to SW Missouri. Located around the Greenfield area. My wife and I purchased 50 buff orpingtons back in March this year, now they started laying a couple of weeks ago so we have eggs out the coop....

I guess the "farm" that sent them to me messed up, or I am very lucky. Ordered 50 straight run, ended up with 49 hens, and 3 roos. (shipped me 52 in case a couple died in transit). No deaths so still have 52. Had planned to freeze a few to get the numbers down to about 12-15 total, but now can not do it as I have a ready made business.

With the egg scare going on, everyone wants my tiny little eggs.....

Saw a few follks in the NW region at the begining of the post... I'm just outside of Saint Joe. Have some really awesome Old English reds.

Steve

Saw a few folks in the NW region at the beginning of the post... I'm just outside of Saint Joe. Have some really awesome Old English reds. What are you all growing around here??

Steve

West Plains here. Started with my chickens a few months ago and am still looking for our first egg. I am looking to rehome a couple of cockerels if anybody in the area is interested. One Lavender Orp and 2 JG's. 11 wks and 6 wks respectively.

hey do any of my fellow Missourians know when the next Nevada swap meet is??? I think it is closer tot he end of this month and would really love to attend. Looking to maybe see if I can find some nice OE red hens there or maybe something else just for giggles.

Steve

Hi everyone, I am in Parkville, MO which is just on the NW edge of the Kansas City metro, and about 35 minutes south of St. Joseph. We have 3 Anconas which will hopefully start laying by the end of October. My two White Rocks have met with predator problems but they were very good layers, making big brown eggs. The pen is repaired and should be able to resist whatever got my two hens. After having chickens, I can't imagine ever being without some, now! Too bad they're not allowed here,LOL SHHHHH....

You're just down to the south of me there Spinweaver. Good to have folks on here in my area. So why the Spinweaver screen name??? Are you a hand spinner or are their other references there? My wife love to hand spin our alpaca fiber.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom