Misspelling

Pics
No. Cottage cheese is not cheese curd. Poutine could be considered the provincial food of Quebec and quite popular across Canada. White vinegar is also popular on fries. That is not the same as the malt vinegar I get when I ask for it in the states. We also have Beaver Tails. 😁
People put vinegar on their beans around here, to my surprise. I always put a pat of butter on mine. 😊

Never heard of gotton until this thread. Gotten, yes. UK throws "u" in all kinds of places we don't, as in colour, Saviour, behaviour, etc. Shrug. Is why I say we don't speak English, we speak American. I think after 200 years we ought to admit we speak our own language!
Correction, the UK did not throw those letters in, the US threw them out! 😉 It is frustrating in Canada to type using auto correct since most of the programs come from the states here in North America, but in Canada we use the u's, and spell check keeps telling me I am wrong. (ok, I think that was a run-on sentence!) :p

Last edited:
Correction, the UK did not through those letters in, the US threw them out! 😉 It is frustrating in Canada to type using auto correct since most of the programs come from the states here in North America, but in Canada we use the u's, and spell check keeps telling me I am wrong. (ok, I think that was a run-on sentence!) :p
Not a run-on sentence, just a complex one. Could have used a semicolon before the "but," otherwise it's fine. This is such a fun thread!

Back
Top Bottom