Misspelling

Pics
In texting the period is apparently used for emphasis now. It implies anger instead of proper punctuation now, from what my young roommate tells me.
Crap.
What is the world coming to?
I need to go drown my sorrows in (fake) wine.
(And chickens).
wine.gif

When people mix up “you’re” and “your” “to” “too” and “two” and “there” “their” and “they’re.” :th
I barely mix those because before writing I think through like this: "They're is a contraction for 'they are', their is showing possession, and there is answering 'where'". And then I write the one that fits. I do the same thing with you're, your, to, too, and two.

I find this interesting, as I know for me, on here (I have no friends so don’t have experience with actual texting) but I always feel that when people DON’T use proper grammar and punctuation they are angrier.

I believe the reason is I feel this way is they don’t even feel the need to press a few buttons to make their wording readable, so they must be angry.
Oh, I just assume they're ignorant and apply the Biblical rule: "Father, forgive them, they don't know what they're doing."

I find this interesting, as I know for me, on here (I have no friends so don’t have experience with actual texting) but I always feel that when people DON’T use proper grammar and punctuation they are angrier.

I believe the reason is I feel this way is they don’t even feel the need to press a few buttons to make their wording readable, so they must be angry.

When I am angry, exited, etc, I forget. LOL. When I use a period on you, I'm not mad!

Since this is a thread about misspelling, it is actually "driver license," not driver's license ..... :plbb At least in Missouri ..... Check your purse, or wallet !

Now, I've seen 2 variations from different states, the above mentioned "driver's license" and "driving license." I'm really not a grammar expert, so I really don't know which is correct ? All three of them ? :idunno
Driver license, seriously? I will look at mine tomorrow. If you are correct, I may have to move back to New Mexico, which I used to consider a third-world country. (I take it back!). Trivia: it's the only one of the 50 that actually has USA on its license plates, since so many Ameriicans don't believe it is part of the Union! 🤣🤣🤣

Driver license, seriously? I will look at mine tomorrow. If you are correct, I may have to move back to New Mexico, which I used to consider a third-world country. (I take it back!). Trivia: it's the only one of the 50 that actually has USA on its license plates, since so many Ameriicans don't believe it is part of the Union! 🤣🤣🤣

Ope

gotcha

Well, the card is a Driver License. (Plural) But to show posession, it's driver's license. (Also a Missourian). The actual card is a license for a driver, a driver license. When a driver is in possession of the license, it is their driver's license. It is grammar, not spelling, and they're all 3 correct depending on how they're used in a sentence :)
Um, sorry, "driver license" is singular, not plural. "Driver licenses" would be plural.

Back
Top Bottom