Mite infestation in bathroom, how to eradicate and how to treat chickens

TY so much!!!! I have some permethrin on hand that we dilute and use in a sprayer around our property for ticks...it is Martin's Permethrin SFR 36.8% Can I use this if I dilute it, because I notice the ones for poultry are 10%? If not, Ill order some 10% right away...or try to find it local (which may be tricky around here, so if anyone knows where to find it locally, let me know!:) Thanks again for your help...I may have follow up questions as I get familiar with how to deal with this...
Sure you can use what you have.

Read the label and see what it says...what the dilution for poultry is.

@casportpony is this one we have calculated out before?

TY so much!!!! I have some permethrin on hand that we dilute and use in a sprayer around our property for ticks...it is Martin's Permethrin SFR 36.8% Can I use this if I dilute it, because I notice the ones for poultry are 10%? If not, Ill order some 10% right away...or try to find it local (which may be tricky around here, so if anyone knows where to find it locally, let me know!:) Thanks again for your help...I may have follow up questions as I get familiar with how to deal with this...
Hold.

Is this what you have?
https://www.domyown.com/permethrin-sfr-368-p-445.html
Screenshot_20190620-201629.png
Screenshot_20190620-201615.png

If so you can use it in your bathroom/coop but not on the birds.

Order the 10% for the birds.

Any chance you took a pic of the wee buggers? I only ask cause there are a few tiny pests out there that have a similar look but aren’t an issue for birds
Oh boy...I would love to get a positive ID on these things but they are so small, I cant photograph them! My husband is going to bring home an eye loupe tonight so we can attempt an ID. They are about the size of a pinprick (Note: NOT pin HEAD) and some are even smaller (different age stage I assume?) They are only beige...not brown, red, etc. And I haven't checked my chickens yet today, but I'm headed out now to inspect everyone)

VERY HELPFUL!!!! Cant thank you and @casportpony enough!!! My game plan is to use the 36.8% permethrin diluted to the ratio listed (4oz to 10gal water) and spray down the coop, bedding, etc while the girls are in their run...then spray down the run with them in the coop. It looks like I can use this on the chickens too...but I will see if I can find any dust or 10% locally to be on the safe side. I know permethrin is relatively safe for chickens BUT they are only 9 weeks old. They are our pets and we love them, but we are new to this, so I am very grateful for your help!!! Im going to spray down my bathroom too :O

Back
Top Bottom