Mite photo ID? Amd permethrin 10 application

LowcoMatt

Songster
Oct 19, 2020
Lowcountry SC
Hi everyone, thank you in advance. Just wanted to try and identify what type of mites I'm facing with my chickens. Fortunately I have a small flock but healthy, and it have some littles that I must get to grow out. (Genetic hackle bird)

I have Permethrin 10 and would like to know how others recommend applying it. I already have it mixed out at the bottle rate.

I also would like to know if other people refrain from eating eggs during the treatment time frame? Just an excuse to incubate 😂😂😂

Thanks again!

Attachments

• 0905221718~2.jpg
    0905221718~2.jpg
    755.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 0924220730.jpg
    0924220730.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 11
That is a louse, not a mite. Examine their feathers closely at the base of the shaft for egg clusters. If you don't find any, you caught it early.

Spray the diluted permethrin to the skin in all the following locations: under each wing, under the vent, under the base of the hackle feathers on the back of the neck, on the chest and under the saddle feathers at the base of the tail.

Just to be on the safe side, repeat in 10 days.

There is no egg withdrawal period for permethrin treatment.

thank you! Appreciate the instruction and feedback.
That is a louse, not a mite. Examine their feathers closely at the base of the shaft for egg clusters. If you don't find any, you caught it early.

Spray the diluted permethrin to the skin in all the following locations: under each wing, under the vent, under the base of the hackle feathers on the back of the neck, on the chest and under the saddle feathers at the base of the tail.

Just to be on the safe side, repeat in 10 days.

There is no egg withdrawal period for permethrin treatment.

Back
Top Bottom