Mites everywhere

Listen everyone I desperately need your help with tink!!!

I just don’t know what to do she is riddled with mites I have done everything you say but she is just losing weight drastically and barely chirps except as I’m typing this she is
This morning she was flat on her belly with her wings out gasping for breath right now she is a lot better than that we are using something called scalex mite and lice spray
But it’s twice a week and it isn’t really working
She won’t put her tail up which especially for a d’Uccle is not good
What should I feed her
to Make her better
She has probiotics in her water and is being fed a daily scrambled egg and fresh greens
Just tell me everything you all know and I will do it
Please ask questions also
Thank you y’all are saving tinks life
Did you get a Permethrin based poultry spray or dust to treat her with? Cleaned out and treated her housing too?

Photos of her poop and where you keep her would be good too.
What are you feeding her?
Are you providing supplemental heat for her and if you are, does she have room to get away from the heat?

I would get her hydrated the best you can. Give her some Poultry Nutri-Drench in her water. Once she is drinking, then see if she will eat some wet chick starter.

Laying down with wings spread out - her age - a few common things come to mind (can be a combination too) - Overheating, dehydration, Coccidiosis and Marek's.

@Wyorp Rock I looked up that spray she used and it has something like 0.03% pyrethrin, although it does have good Amazon reviews.

If it didn't kill the mites, I would go get something else to try, but getting and keeping the mites off the bird is the #1 task here. And then start looking into other things like Wyorp Rock suggests.

Wyorp rock i checked on her just now she is chirping and eating
Her heat source is Millie
Actually she does not eat chick starter she is 4 months old I think she has some sort of something that keeps her tiny also we got her 2 months ago and she was just a little smaller than she is now
She is in a large cat carrier
It was cleaned and scrubbed down then disinfected it and treated it with scalex
Then we put shavings in with some water with probiotics and some of their food
And greens and scrambled egg
She is in our chicken room
She is drinking well and let’s us dip her in the water
She is also eating well
AC6177AD-E7BB-4F94-ACE5-57F2473CC6E8.jpeg
4900F87B-2976-4EE0-83AE-9D5F9A9982B7.jpeg
7B86F4D0-7B5A-4678-A4C7-25D8D0A0FB6A.jpeg
67EAFAC2-3D31-4800-ABC6-3B98335F6ED3.jpeg
72810AB7-0A8E-4CB3-B2DC-5D8226D9D92D.jpeg
FAE4A29A-6120-43F0-A83F-001E36A12A4B.jpeg
9F1A9F06-EFE1-4AFF-A5FA-53CA16B908E1.jpeg
9990ACC3-9AB7-4E8C-B2C8-AE1D2521A43F.jpeg
A89B8307-F270-4632-B454-577CF0C48576.jpeg

If it were me, if you see any mites still moving, I'd spray her again. You're not going to overdose her. Did you spray the other chicken too? If not, I would.

I also would not feed greens, they can cause loose stools. Her chicken food and scrambled eggs are fine.

She is doing terribly
She’s puffed up and barely walking and is as light as a feather
She has anemia and the mites won’t leave her alone
I put olive oil on the areas with mites and I put probiotic powder in her water and gave her scrambled egg
And later I did something I call the strength test which when it seems bad you flip them on their back and rest them in you hand and see if they can right themselves but she couldn’t
I did the strength test when her sister tommi was dying of cocci
I think insecticide chemicals might be to harsh for the little chirper
View attachment 1700199 tink yesterday
View attachment 1700200
Her vent with mites
View attachment 1700201 Her at her peak of life and loving it
View attachment 1700204 After her corid medication had worked and got rid of that bad cocci
View attachment 1700206
Her snuggling under her sister tommi
View attachment 1700207 Tink and tommi the day before we lost tommi enjoying some sunshine

Thats alot u should treat asap otherwise they kill the chickens due to sucking blood

Her heat source is Millie

she does not eat chick starter she is 4 months old I think she has some sort of something that keeps her tiny also we got her 2 months ago and she was just a little smaller than she is now
She is in a large cat carrier
It was cleaned and scrubbed down then disinfected it and treated it with scalex

Mosey2003 I think it killed most of the mites I can’t see any moving
It's good that she is eating now.
You don't feed chick starter - exactly what are you feeding - Layer Feed?
I would also offer her some scrambled egg. Personally at only 4months old since she doesn't seem to be growing like she should (?) I would feed her chick starter or an all flock type feed with 18-20% Protein. Millie can eat it too, it won't hurt her. If Millie lays eggs, then just put some oyster shells in a little cup for her to take what she needs.

Do you have a coop/run you are planning to put them in so they can get outside for fresh air, sunshine and dust bathing.
It's good that you cleaned the carrier and changed bedding. The room they are in may need to be inspected or treated as well, you never know.
Hope she starts doing better.

It's good that she is eating now.
You don't feed chick starter - exactly what are you feeding - Layer Feed?
I would also offer her some scrambled egg. Personally at only 4months old since she doesn't seem to be growing like she should (?) I would feed her chick starter or an all flock type feed with 18-20% Protein. Millie can eat it too, it won't hurt her. If Millie lays eggs, then just put some oyster shells in a little cup for her to take what she needs.

Do you have a coop/run you are planning to put them in so they can get outside for fresh air, sunshine and dust bathing.
It's good that you cleaned the carrier and changed bedding. The room they are in may need to be inspected or treated as well, you never know.
Hope she starts doing better.
We treated the room too we have been bringing them outside to dust bathe and get fresh air and sunshine but right now it’s raining
Millie was laying eggs a few day ago but she isn’t now
We are feeding them a flock feed that is 18% protein
I gave her a scrambled egg and she and Millie enjoyed
Also do you have any idea why she is so small
She is doing much better

Back
Top Bottom