Mites everywhere

So sorry for your loss. Do you know the name of what Tink had? Or the name of the drug the vet gave her? Breathing problems can be caused by different organisms. If she had a fungal infection, was she treated with an antifungal drug? Do you know if she had aspergillosis?

she had a little bit of coccidiosis and fungal infection near her throat
It says diflucan susp

Attachments

• 47CE4F03-8ED5-4AC6-AA0C-C39A9B782636.jpeg
    47CE4F03-8ED5-4AC6-AA0C-C39A9B782636.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
we have 11 hens
5 in a show bird area and 6 free range
We have a tiny little porcelain D’Uccle pullet who has been acting down so I gave her a little check up and she had mites all over her so I checked her gold neck D’Uccle adoptive mother hen and she had mites
Then I checked everybody for mites and there vents had blood spots above them with mites and their preening glands had oil on the feathers surrounding it from over preening for the mites
Luckily I saw a few hens dust bathing
And when I went to go collect the eggs their was mites all over them

Im thinking about adding apple cider vinegar to the water
Putting coconut oil on their vents and near preening glands
Then cleaning everything and putting shavings in them dusting all their coops and all their areas with diatomaceous earth
Also does anyone have any suggestions for dips that would just kill all the mites but are safe for the birds

Now the thing I’m most worried about is the pullet
When we got her and her sister she had coccidiosis and so did he sister the her sister dies and she was all alone and now she finally moved outside and has mites
I think it’s from the show quality D’Uccles we got a few weeks ago
Please help I want the mites dead

we have 11 hens
5 in a show bird area and 6 free range
We have a tiny little porcelain D’Uccle pullet who has been acting down so I gave her a little check up and she had mites all over her so I checked her gold neck D’Uccle adoptive mother hen and she had mites
Then I checked everybody for mites and there vents had blood spots above them with mites and their preening glands had oil on the feathers surrounding it from over preening for the mites
Luckily I saw a few hens dust bathing
And when I went to go collect the eggs their was mites all over them

Im thinking about adding apple cider vinegar to the water
Putting coconut oil on their vents and near preening glands
Then cleaning everything and putting shavings in them dusting all their coops and all their areas with diatomaceous earth
Also does anyone have any suggestions for dips that would just kill all the mites but are safe for the birds

Now the thing I’m most worried about is the pullet
When we got her and her sister she had coccidiosis and so did he sister the her sister dies and she was all alone and now she finally moved outside and has mites
I think it’s from the show quality D’Uccles we got a few weeks ago
Please help I want the mites dead

I definitely recommend putting Vaseline on their vents. It helps the wounds heal and keeps the mites off it!! They suffocate in it! It’s the only thing that has worked for me.

Hello everyone who helped with Tinky!
Do you think any of tinks diseases and sicknesses could have affected Millie at all

A few weeks ago she was sleeping a lot and not moving much so here are some pictures

She’s in the back
And then that’s her poop
20190418_112611.jpg

F04A9912-99E9-4B24-956B-216686F5BD38.jpeg

But she is doing a lot a lot better
I’m just worried about her health after being with a sick chick for a month or more
B8C693CC-732C-4533-9521-071EE44B1593.jpeg

I did some further inspection of tinky and it is so awful I wish the vet could take her today
Her feathers are coming out easily and the stuff is not brown I realized it’s black and it’s inside the feathers
It’s making the feathers fall out and it is in her wing feathers which are now loose!
Also when I touch the feathers she seems in pain
It’s like the feathers have a disease!!!!
She is very very bony she looks unhealthy and she does have a few mites still scurrying around on her
And she can’t chirp it’s not that she doesn’t want to or doesn’t feel good enough to she actually has tried to chirp and just a whisper comes out

But she is eating and drinking
And sun bathing on my lap
So I’m just happy she is here
And I can’t wait to bring her to the vet

View attachment 1705952 View attachment 1705953

After reading all I think she have cutaneous fungal Infection weather from mites or lice
Or Some Nutritional Deficiency as far as feathers made up from Protien
But I know that all People in US
Give quality feed to their chooks which have appropriate quantity of balance nutrition
I don't want to scare as I know it's sounds scary for all chickens keepers but it also sound like cutaneous form of MAREK's as that makes the feather root enlarged and very reddened but this form is the mildest form and I've read that some live long without showing any clinical symptoms but it could be bad if mixed with other forms or Infection becaz Marek weak down the Immunity ..
Blood work will help pointing out this
Everyone know there's no cure of MAREK's but I hope good for your chickens:hugs

Hello everyone who helped with Tinky!
Do you think any of tinks diseases and sicknesses could have affected Millie at all

A few weeks ago she was sleeping a lot and not moving much so here are some pictures

She’s in the back
And then that’s her poop
View attachment 1770326
View attachment 1770325

But she is doing a lot a lot better
I’m just worried about her health after being with a sick chick for a month or more
View attachment 1770330

Is that hot now when u get the poop ?
Could be Bacterial Infection or Cocci

After reading all I think she have cutaneous fungal Infection weather from mites or lice
Or Some Nutritional Deficiency as far as feathers made up from Protien
But I know that all People in US
Give quality feed to their chooks which have appropriate quantity of balance nutrition
I don't want to scare as I know it's sounds scary for all chickens keepers but it also sound like cutaneous form of MAREK's as that makes the feather root enlarged and very reddened but this form is the mildest form and I've read that some live long without showing any clinical symptoms but it could be bad if mixed with other forms or Infection becaz Marek weak down the Immunity ..
Blood work will help pointing out this
Everyone know there's no cure of MAREK's but I hope good for your chickens:hugs
Can other chickens get it? We have 12 right now..:barnie

Back
Top Bottom