Mites HELP! New Here

dwood17367

In the Brooder
Aug 14, 2023
Hi I am new here and have been reading threads. I have red mites. I treatd my 10 girls with Ivermectin pour on, they started looking better and now appear to be back. They are also munching on me! Yikes! Please help. I treated coop a few weeks back with Permetrin, I clean the coop regularly and use DE and FIrst Sat Lime in both coop and run. Nothing is keeping them away! BTW my girls are impossible to catch, so it usually ends up with me trying to block them in the coop or a small portion of the run and spray them and myself haha.

Mites hatch out every 5 days, so the chickens should be treated every 7 days before they reproduce. Treat 2-3 times. Are you using the powder or the spray? Then the coop has to be completely emptied of bedding and nest materials, and all those and the roost must be sprayed down. It takes a lot of work. Some even pressure wash any nooks and crannies. Some also use Elector PSP, but it is more expensive.

Mites hatch out every 5 days, so the chickens should be treated every 7 days before they reproduce. Treat 2-3 times. Are you using the powder or the spray? Then the coop has to be completely emptied of bedding and nest materials, and all those and the roost must be sprayed down. It takes a lot of work. Some even pressure wash any nooks and crannies. Some also use Elector PSP, but it is more expensive.
I used the permethrin powder in the run and coop and pour on ivermectin on hens, sort of, they are impossible to catch so I did what I could, think I got most of them once and most of them twice with ivermectin.

Back
Top Bottom