One of our girls escaped and was injured by the dogs next door. She's been hanging out in a kennel in the garage since then, recuperating. She'll go back with the others once all her skin grows back. In the mean time, she's caught some kind of mites/lice. We saw them today, hundreds of the nasty little things, when we were checking on her wound. We feed and keep our chickens organic, and would like to avoid pesticides. I was told DE and a bath in dish detergent were the best bets for organic mite/lice control, but I'm not sure how to do that while she's got an open wound. It's healing up nicely, but it's still 2"x3", and the most recent scab fell off, leaving it open. How can I treat her, or should I leave her with the pests until her wound closes up?