Mites, lice, bed bugs etc. in chicks

Where did you get the chicks—a breeder, a feed store, or a hatchery. More than likely, they do not have lice or mites at this age, unless you bought them from a breeder with poor conditions. Look their skin over well for any moving bugs. Do not put anything on them unless you confirm lice or mites. If they came from a hatchery or feed store, I would doubt they have any parasites. Chicks do shake their heads, scratch, and have a lot of dander, and that is normal.

Where did you get the chicks—a breeder, a feed store, or a hatchery. More than likely, they do not have lice or mites at this age, unless you bought them from a breeder with poor conditions. Look their skin over well for any moving bugs. Do not put anything on them unless you confirm lice or mites. If they came from a hatchery or feed store, I would doubt they have any parasites. Chicks do shake their heads, scratch, and have a lot of dander, and that is normal.
Southern states!

Do you have a thermometer in the brooder with them?
Be careful to not overheat them.
This is how they look a few minutes after I turn the light off. It says it’s 82 in the room- it obviously gets warmer in the brooder. It’s also black. Do you think they are cold now they are huddled? There are 12

Attachments

• D0005109-631E-4B3B-8732-9D53D34EE582.jpeg
    D0005109-631E-4B3B-8732-9D53D34EE582.jpeg
    522 KB · Views: 4
Are you turning off the light in the room or the light that is heating them?

I am confused, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom