Mites On Face

memerabbit

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 11, 2012
I have two silkies and both have mites crawling across their faces. They have had mites on their vents before but no longer have those. Now there are red mies crawling on their face especially in the nostril and eye area. About a week ago I found mite eggs in their head feather and I sprayed them. Right now I don't see any eggs, just bugs. Both birds' faces have a sort of "crust" on them, one is worse than the other. They are scratching continually. What do I do for mites on the face? And what do I do about the "crust"?

Also I noticed one had foamy bubbles on the tear duct of her eye. I rinsed out the eye with water. I am assuming she just got her eye with her nail while scratching. I just thought I would add this to make sure it isn't an issue.

Hi,
Use a QTip to apply the medicine. Or smaller a cannula with a syringe filled with medicine.

Would it be okay to use a small kitten drop that treats fleas, tics, and ear mites on kittens. It is applied to the back of the kitten's neck to kill the parasites. Would this work on my hen? And is is safe?

Back
Top Bottom