mites

May I ask how your used the ivermectin?
Orally (if so what dose) or topically?
Topically.
I only did two treatments. What I read for the depluming mite is that you need to do it for a month. At the time, I was treating for scaly leg mite. I tried the oil rubs and just didn't feel like that was my style. ;)

So I treating the coop. Based on our design, it looks like I am going to have to disconnect the roof from the ceiling in my pictures with the hardware cloth. I wish I knew that coops should be easily "disinfected" when we built ours. Wood seems like a ridiculous product to use for this reason. I guess I will also be painting to help fill in the crevices and corners, maybe even caulking. Ugg. I have the chance to build a new coop for my mom. If there was a thread about coops and making them easy to clean, I would follow that thread. As I said, I am considering metal these days.

So I treating the coop. Based on our design, it looks like I am going to have to disconnect the roof from the ceiling in my pictures with the hardware cloth. I wish I knew that coops should be easily "disinfected" when we built ours. Wood seems like a ridiculous product to use for this reason. I guess I will also be painting to help fill in the crevices and corners, maybe even caulking. Ugg. I have the chance to build a new coop for my mom. If there was a thread about coops and making them easy to clean, I would follow that thread. As I said, I am considering metal these days.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/chicken-coops.12/

Hi, my birds have been suffering from mites for 2 years and I have been treating them for 2 years, I manage to keep it a little bit under control but it never gone away I have to treat them one time a week. I used:
1: diatomaceous earth
2: 7dust
3: apply vinegar spray
4: permethrian 10
and I torch the coop ones every week
they still have them and spent $$$$$
by the way I have about 100 chickens and the free ranged and about 25 ducks and 13 turkey
any ideas

Has anyone tried Neem for mites? How about pyrethrum instead of permethrin?
I think I have mites, as my hens are picking at the rooster, like grooming for bugs

Use neem in my garden all the time but I don’t know about safe use with chickens. Great in the garden. My hens have always groomed my rooster time to time so I don’t know I would worry unless it really excessive and your hens are showing signs

I think the issue with neem oil is it is not "labeled" for use on birds.
Permethrin is.

Back
Top Bottom