mix of chicks to identify if you could. Breed and gender if possible.

missy_cbell21

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 5, 2009
maysville, nc
This group of chicks is what happens when you take kids with you TSC. I know two of them are Easter eggers, but the rest I'm slightly clueless. I bought them 2 weeks ago Saturday, guessing they are between 2-3 weeks old.
Larger EE. Named stripes. His feet are light brown like the second pic shows.(couldn't figure out the flash)

This is Tiny Terror, it is very mean and thinks it's the boss. It was the smallest of the group but is now larger then the EE even though this one is supposed to be a bantam. It lost all the feathers off his butt about a week ago and there are very thick ones growing in now. it is feather footed.

Smaller EE named Dot Bell. No clue why. Light orange/yellow feet. Very small, does not appear to have to grown much in 2 weeks.

This is Count Chick ula? like Count Dracula. It's feet are dark yellow with black patches. White spot on it's head and neck as well as under wings. This little one is very nice and like to fall asleep in my hands.

This one is kind of in it's ugly stage at the moment. It's loosing it's feathers in small patches and growing in grown up ones. His name is Squawk. He gets very vocal when not happy. Loudest of all the chicks. It's comb is showing a dark yellow. His beak and feel are dark yellow with black patches, it is feather footed (trimmed them)

Sorry about the background, I swear he is wearing shorts.

This is knife beak, he has a very large pink comb compared to the others. It is also the largest of all the birds even though they were all close to the same size when we got them. This bird is very brave and tries to fly alot. It hates me but snuggles with my son. Has pattern similar to the EE but it's head and shoulders are turning a maroon color. Also loosing the feathers and getting in new.

Just picked these last 2 up yesterday from someone in Jacksonville, NC One is a sizzle, the other a frizzle. They are both very friendly and like to be snuggled. They are 3 weeks old and are the smallest of them all. Just by a bit though. The bigger bird named Tiny Terror is trying to boss the white one around and pulls at his long wing feathers. I may end up separating a few of the larger ones out into a larger bin. Opinions? I'll try to get a pic of a few together to compare sizes.

Get my pretty side...

Thanks for looking everyone and have a happy chick day!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
This group of chicks is what happens when you take kids with you TSC. I know two of them are Easter eggers, but the rest I'm slightly clueless. I bought them 2 weeks ago Saturday, guessing they are between 2-3 weeks old.
Larger EE. Named stripes. His feet are light brown like the second pic shows.(couldn't figure out the flash)
Yup, Easter Egger. Coloring looks feminine so far.

This is Tiny Terror, it is very mean and thinks it's the boss. It was the smallest of the group but is now larger then the EE even though this one is supposed to be a bantam. It lost all the feathers off his butt about a week ago and there are very thick ones growing in now. it is feather footed.

I'm not sure. The pictures are kind of blurry and dark. I see that it has feathered feet, so it could be a Light Brahma, or a Cochin. Lighter, non-blurry photos would help. And, I think that he's a rooster (the comb is rather red and large).

Smaller EE named Dot Bell. No clue why. Light orange/yellow feet. Very small, does not appear to have to grown much in 2 weeks.

Easter Egger. Too young to tell gender for sure, but comb looks rather large. So far, though, coloring appears female. Post more photos in a few weeks.

This is Count Chick ula? like Count Dracula. It's feet are dark yellow with black patches. White spot on it's head and neck as well as under wings. This little one is very nice and like to fall asleep in my hands.

Barred Rock, or Black Sex-Link (if its a Black Sex-Links, its a male, as they have white spots on their heads). I think that a Barred Rock is the most likely. Not sure on gender yet, but no obvious signs of a rooster yet.

This one is kind of in it's ugly stage at the moment. It's loosing it's feathers in small patches and growing in grown up ones. His name is Squawk. He gets very vocal when not happy. Loudest of all the chicks. It's comb is showing a dark yellow. His beak and feel are dark yellow with black patches, it is feather footed (trimmed them)

Blue or Black Cochin, most likely. Might be a rooster due to comb size.

Sorry about the background, I swear he is wearing shorts.

This is knife beak, he has a very large pink comb compared to the others. It is also the largest of all the birds even though they were all close to the same size when we got them. This bird is very brave and tries to fly alot. It hates me but snuggles with my son. Has pattern similar to the EE but it's head and shoulders are turning a maroon color. Also loosing the feathers and getting in new.

Partridge Cochin. Comb says male.

Just picked these last 2 up yesterday from someone in Jacksonville, NC One is a sizzle, the other a frizzle. They are both very friendly and like to be snuggled. They are 3 weeks old and are the smallest of them all. Just by a bit though. The bigger bird named Tiny Terror is trying to boss the white one around and pulls at his long wing feathers. I may end up separating a few of the larger ones out into a larger bin. Opinions? I'll try to get a pic of a few together to compare sizes.

Frizzle. Too young to tell gender.

Get my pretty side...

Sizzle. Once again, too young to tell gender. Very cute!

Thanks for looking everyone and have a happy chick day!
jumpy.gif

Your feather legged birds look to be cochins, from what I can see they have straight combs. If they have pea combs, then they're likely brahmas.

The black chick with the white spot on the head is a barred rock (hopefully) or a black sex link male (bummer). Really can't tell which yet.

Really too young to tell genders yet. Post again around 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom