Mixed ages... mixed feed?

Reading this thread I think what I am going to do is buy a chick fryer crumble from my local grain elevator.
It has 19% protein and low calcium and I will offer eggshells and oyster shell combined free choice. It does have amprolium in it tho.
That will cover all ages which I have and I won’t have to separate them all the time
Thanks

i’m going to attempt fermenting and fodder now. I’ve never tried but it seems easy enough and not too labor intensive. It’s worth it if they get more out of the feed and eat less.

My problem is the feed I can get at the elevator is cheaper for a 50 pound bag then it is for a 40pound bag at the farm and home stores. So that is why I am choosing the fryer crumble @ 19% protein even tho it is medicated over the all flock else where which I would have to go to another city for.

Hmmmm... the small farm here only carries organic and nothing medicated... unless the need it I wouldn’t medicate. I’m only buying 25-35lbs at a time and seems to last less than a month for 5 chickens.

@KikisGirls can you post a link to your feed comparison chart in this thread, I think this would be a good place to share.

Also there was a question about some sort of Organic All Flock feed, do you know of one off hand since you put together such a comprehensive list?

To the OP, this is an organic all flock/all ages feed.
https://www.scratchandpeck.com/shop/naturally-free-grower/

Reading this thread I think what I am going to do is buy a chick fryer crumble from my local grain elevator.
It has 19% protein and low calcium and I will offer eggshells and oyster shell combined free choice. It does have amprolium in it tho.
That will cover all ages which I have and I won’t have to separate them all the time
Thanks
I do not believe feeding this type of medicated feed is a good idea...for older hens.

Back
Top Bottom