Mixed breed chickens. Need help identifying.

Cynthia Higa

In the Brooder
Aug 25, 2021
These two chicks entered our flock as rescues and now that they're a little older (10 weeks), I was curious to know if we had any ideas regarding breed. We are here in Hawaii so if that helps the process, I'd appreciate feedback.
***white birds (one on perch and bottom right) Any thoughts on sex would be helpful too. I tend to lean toward one cockerel and one pullet because of behavior and one of their combs in developing faster than the one on the bottom right.

Attachments

• 20211012_091346.jpg
    20211012_091346.jpg
    749.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 20211012_091344.jpg
    20211012_091344.jpg
    759.5 KB · Views: 5
These two chicks entered our flock as rescues and now that they're a little older (10 weeks), I was curious to know if we had any ideas regarding breed. We are here in Hawaii so if that helps the process, I'd appreciate feedback.
***white birds (one on perch and bottom right) Any thoughts on sex would be helpful too. I tend to lean toward one cockerel and one pullet because of behavior and one of their combs in developing faster than the one on the bottom right.
I am not sure about the white birds except that the one on the perch is a cockerel. The brownish one is an Easter Egger though and the two black ones with the gold wings are golden laced sebrights.

I am not sure about the white birds except that the one on the perch is a cockerel. The brownish one is an Easter Egger though and the two black ones with the gold wings are golden laced sebrights.
Yes, it was the white ones I am unsure of. Good eye, btw. I only take specific breeds but I am rehoming the whites since they were rescues. Sweet and curious, they are, however, I don't want to deal with mixing any of my chosen breeds when they start laying.

Other than being rescues do you have any additional information on them? Were they rescued from a feral chicken population? The one on the perch is definitely a cockerel. The one of the ground appears to be a pullet. They are both single-combed I think. They could possibly be a Light Sussex cross? Kind of hard to know for sure, but I don't think they are pure-bred.

Back
Top Bottom