Mixed Breed Ducks!

Thanks all? What should I be feeding them? They are getting layer chicken pellets mixed with scratch, and mixed greens.
Make sure they aren't getting more scratch than reg feed. Scratch is fine as long as it's a treat but layers need good nutrition to keep their bodies in top shape for laying.

They both look Buff to me
1f60a.png

Thank you. I also thought some cracked corn in winter might help keep them warm. -20 -30 Celsius here.
Suppose to. Mine get corn everyday in winter but I don't over do I want them to eat mostly their feed so a scoop in the early morning when they first come out and one in the afternoon along with meal worms for over night. They are like kids if they can eat candy only they will LOL

I'll donate to this thread. I had fun with some mixes this spring and got some fun ones.

Khaki/Cayuga mixes:

Link, my beautiful boy

Rainbow (miss puff head here) has a very light copper tipped sheen, but you can't tell from this photo. She's mostly just black.

Buckbeak looks mostly like the Khaki male, not much Cayuga look in him. Recently rehomed.

Mr Timid... rehomed a while ago.

Mr Kangus... rehomed a while ago.

Then there's my Pekin/Cayuga mixes:

Mr Duck... rehomed awhile ago.

Eagle... recently rehomed.

Hm. As you can tell, I had a bad draw of males this year. >.> Probably why the 'colors' are more interesting and fun with the mixes, though. Hence, little Rainbow, being just black (though with a fun poof).

Very pretty. I especially like Link!
Thanks! He's my bonded duck. He was my 2nd attempt at incubating and the ONLY egg that came out.. it was horrible. So we set him up in our room and kept him with us for 4-5 months before I started letting the other ducks see him when he was outside, and he was about 6 months before I let him join them. He took over the whole group really quickly :D The biggest duck of them all. &He's still bonded to me. If he hears me come outside he'll run over to me for some cuddles before heading back to his group. Here he was, running for me, once he saw me taking pictures a while later :p With his group trailing him.The brown one in the back is his mom, and the black and orange beaked duck right behind him is the dad.

Thanks! He's my bonded duck. He was my 2nd attempt at incubating and the ONLY egg that came out.. it was horrible. So we set him up in our room and kept him with us for 4-5 months before I started letting the other ducks see him when he was outside, and he was about 6 months before I let him join them. He took over the whole group really quickly :D The biggest duck of them all. &He's still bonded to me. If he hears me come outside he'll run over to me for some cuddles before heading back to his group. Here he was, running for me, once he saw me taking pictures a while later :p With his group trailing him.The brown one in the back is his mom, and the black and orange beaked duck right behind him is the dad.

Amazing!
love.gif
I never realized a duck could love you until I had my own.

Just curious but what does it mean when a duck chitters and wiggles her head around when walking toward me? She has only been with me for two months and is getting used to me but this is new. The drake is much tamer and follows me around.

Back
Top Bottom