Mixed breed ducks!

Pics
Dose any one have a Piken or white layer mix with a Cayuga?
How about a Welsh Harlequin mix with a Cayuga?

I see you saw my mixed breed thread with our pekinc/cayuga mixes from months ago. If you want I get could better pictures of them. They're so beautiful and such great layers. And I love chances to show off my ducks. xD

I have Welsh Harlequins, Cayuga and a white layer all from Metzer Farms. 6 in total, all girls. They are about 20 weeks old. Next spring I want to get more of each but I want to get some boys. I was thinking that it could be really cool if I had a white layer/cayuga mix to try and have the Egg laying ability of the white layer but the coloring( to a certain extent of the eggs) I am hoping for light green!
So I was trying to find what the baby's may look like.

Hi

These are our ducklings, they are 3 weeks old and are Pekin/orpington cross. Not sure what the final colors will be, but the dark ones are developing blue coloured feathers. Any suggestions on where is the best place to sell ducklings?

Last edited:
I have Welsh Harlequins, Cayuga and a white layer all from Metzer Farms. 6 in total, all girls. They are about 20 weeks old. Next spring I want to get more of each but I want to get some boys. I was thinking that it could be really cool if I had a white layer/cayuga mix to try and have the Egg laying ability of the white layer but the coloring( to a certain extent of the eggs) I am hoping for light green!
So I was trying to find what the baby's may look like.

This is our duck "Nemo" who has a father of either the Cayuga or black swedish and the mother is either mallard or blue swedish.... Were pretty sure he's the Cayuga and mallard

Pekin/Cayuga Crosses (sorry they're not all great... my ducks decided they'd rather sleep than show off for the camera today.. added some older ones though!)

All the females look the same, except one... although there is one without the white eyeliner.

Our drake and the other two grils refused to come out... Drake ison the right, and the two females are beside him.

She has such nice eyeliner.

Our only obviously tell-apart-able female.. she's turning white on the back of her head. You can also see a turkey in the background.

Found this from last year. Although they look like Blue Swedish, colour wise, they are mixes... greenish and purple tinted feathers. They have the pekin fatness as well.

Lastly, a picture of our Drake, Opie... he's so beautiful. That nice green head. He has one spot of white on his neck, and the rest of him is black.

Despite having the same father and mother there is a variety of how they turn out.

I wish I could find a picture of them as ducklings!

Back
Top Bottom