Mixed breed opinions?

So, an old lady. We have 2 old ladies who are 6yrs old.
Yep! Wow, what breeds are they?
The old hens are great for teaching the younger chooks their places, and they are just special.
When we bought the house, again, 7 years ago, the owner left us with their small flock, which contained a couple of Partridge Plymouth rocks, SLWs, a Black sex link rooster, and possibly some other breeds. (Of which I cant quite remember)

All of those original flock members have passed, all but one SLW, she is at least 10-11. Because they weren't super young when we moved in.

Yep! Wow, what breeds are they?
The old hens are great for teaching the younger chooks their places, and they are just special.
When we bought the house, again, 7 years ago, the owner left us with their small flock, which contained a couple of Partridge Plymouth rocks, SLWs, a Black sex link rooster, and possibly some other breeds. (Of which I cant quite remember)

All of those original flock members have passed, all but one SLW, she is at least 10-11. Because they weren't super young when we moved in.
Mille Fleur D'uccles.

Yep, older hens are good teachers.

Really? They left you with their birds? Our grandpa introduced us to chickens originally.

Mille Fleur D'uccles.

Yep, older hens are good teachers.

Really? They left you with their birds? Our grandpa introduced us to chickens originally.
I love those!

Yes, they are!

Yep! The only ones they took with them were some sort of white hens and a white rooster, I can't remember what breed they were, but I was very little then.
And they "may" have taken a couple of the SLWs, maybe. That's what our Grandmother thinks she remembers.

I love those!

Yes, they are!

Yep! The only ones they took with them were some sort of white hens and a white rooster, I can't remember what breed they were, but I was very little then.
And they "may" have taken a couple of the SLWs, maybe. That's what our Grandmother thinks she remembers.
Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom