Mixed Breed Photo Reference *please read guidelines in first post before adding content*

Pics
Not really, a Lemon Cuckoo Orpington should have lighter color.

Don't think I've seen a Lemon Cuckoo Orp. Just know "King" was a beautiful bird. King of his domain too!

Lemon Cuckoos are pretty rare here right now. And many of the ones here really aren't lemon cuckoo at all. But King is gorgeous! Who cares what color is what, he's a beautiful bird.

There was a pair at the local auction, only went for $8 each. There was also a Lav Ameraucana rooster that went for $20 though. I don't like the lemon cuckoo color, its too light, almost can't see the barring.

There was a pair at the local auction, only went for $8 each. There was also a Lav Ameraucana rooster that went for $20 though. I don't like the lemon cuckoo color, its too light, almost can't see the barring.

The ones we have are really poor quality is why. I think someone shipped over birds that still needed work. When you see the ones they have in the UK you can see the barring well. Overall I really don't like the color. I like King's color better.

He is Beautiful!

This is Rodger: Splash Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Roo x Buff Wyandotte Hen

He was buff colored as a chick and feathered in with the lacing, He was the only one like this in his clutch though. He has 30 babies in the brooder now and 32 more eggs in the incubator. The only Splash he shows in a smudge on his tail but he's got quite a few splash babies. I have been told he would still be considered the Blue Laced Red, but I call him Buff Laced.

He's wonderfully sweet, I actually rehomed his daddy because Rodger was more mellow. He's gentle with the hens and gets along well with my other(new) rooster, Blue Wyandotte in back left of this picture. --->

This is Mischief. His father was a Buff Orpington and his mother an Easter Egger.

I have an Ameraucana very similar to this, I call him my Orange Chicken (without the rice) LOL :) Beautiful!! Mine has a grey tail and darker legs, but they could be brothers.

Back
Top Bottom