Mixed Buff Orpington??

BellsCluckers

Chirping
Apr 21, 2015
I have a year old hen who has the coloring of a Buff Orpington but has a pea comb and yellow legs. I am assuming she is a mixed breed because the others with her all had single combs and larger bodies. Her on the other hand I thought was a rooster when she was younger!
lau.gif
But ended up being a hen. Any ideas to what she might be??

(Buff Orpington color with pea comb and yellow legs)

I have a year old hen who has the coloring of a Buff Orpington but has a pea comb and yellow legs. I am assuming she is a mixed breed because the others with her all had single combs and larger bodies. Her on the other hand I thought was a rooster when she was younger!
lau.gif
But ended up being a hen. Any ideas to what she might be??

(Buff Orpington color with pea comb and yellow legs)

ID'ing a chicken on a written description is not all that easy - it would be best to take a couple of photos of your bird so that we are able to see her.

Ok so she is broody right now and and puffing out to look bigger! But this is the best I could do sorry its so dark.

Doesn't look like she has much in the way of wattles, or is it just that they aren't showing in this photo?

ETA - where did you get her from? This can sometimes help narrow the list of breeds to consider.

Last edited:
She is from a hatchery based in Ohio she was given to me when she was a chick I wish I had more details... she came through the mail with 9 others.

She does resemble the Buff Chantecler a bit just her legs are way yellower and the feathers are more smoothed together. I am wondering if she is a cross between Chantecler and Orpington??

Back
Top Bottom