Mixed duck flock?

That's so perfect! I have to start telling my husband that when ever I bring home a new chick and soon to be ducks! Thanks so much for your experience! Now I have an excuse to get more birds and expand my research!
1f602.png

:D I do love being helpful.

I'd love to see pictures of your magpie mutts.
Here is part of the flock. You can see one of the magpie mutts 4th from the left. Her spots are mallard-colored. Some of them have black spots and some have blue spots. The drake on the ice is from the same stock.

I put duck eggs in the incubators this morning. 22 in the 'bator at home, 12 in the 'bator in my classroom for the students to watch. I'll probably add the eggs laid today to the 'bator at home this evening. They'll be ~12 hours behind the rest, but should be fine. I didn't add them right away this morning because I wanted to let the fresh eggs "rest" and cool down before putting them in the incubator.

Here is part of the flock. You can see one of the magpie mutts 4th from the left. Her spots are mallard-colored. Some of them have black spots and some have blue spots. The drake on the ice is from the same stock.

I put duck eggs in the incubators this morning. 22 in the 'bator at home, 12 in the 'bator in my classroom for the students to watch. I'll probably add the eggs laid today to the 'bator at home this evening. They'll be ~12 hours behind the rest, but should be fine. I didn't add them right away this morning because I wanted to let the fresh eggs "rest" and cool down before putting them in the incubator.
Beautiful flock.

We've got anconas, magpies, blue swedes, runners, cayugas, khaki campbells, buff orpingtons and a slew of mixed breed ducks living together and they do fine. Every now and then you get an aggressive male, ours is the blue swede, but they find their pecking order and then get along fine.

Back
Top Bottom