Mixed Flock of 8 Pullets need a new home

Its a shame I don't live closer. I'm in the corner of the tri state area between MD, DE and PA about 5 to 6 hours away I think according to google maps. I currently do not have any chickens as I was going to purchase my first chickens in the spring. You have many of the breeds that I was considering. I would love to have them.
If you have a coop and run and could give them a good home, I’d be willing to meet you half way. I think Breezewood is about halfway between us. We have a little time because our house won’t be going on the market until early spring.

Let me know what you think.

If you have a coop and run and could give them a good home, I’d be willing to meet you half way. I think Breezewood is about halfway between us. We have a little time because our house won’t be going on the market until early spring.

Let me know what you think.
That sounds like a possible plan. I do have a coop and run attached and I have a fenced area that I was going to close in on the property. I have 2 1/2 acres but was going to close off a portion 60X150 ft that they could have free range in. Later in the Spring would work good for me as I do not have the fence finished nor do I have anything else. I need to confirm with my brother if he would be willing to drive with me to Breezewood. 20191014_135248_Burst01.jpg H
Here is a picture of my coop and attached run.

That sounds like a possible plan. I do have a coop and run attached and I have a fenced area that I was going to close in on the property. I have 2 1/2 acres but was going to close off a portion 60X150 ft that they could have free range in. Later in the Spring would work good for me as I do not have the fence finished nor do I have anything else. I need to confirm with my brother if he would be willing to drive with me to Breezewood. View attachment 2004808H
Also when do you think we could meet in Breezewood? We would need to determine a location as well.

That sounds like a possible plan. I do have a coop and run attached and I have a fenced area that I was going to close in on the property. I have 2 1/2 acres but was going to close off a portion 60X150 ft that they could have free range in. Later in the Spring would work good for me as I do not have the fence finished nor do I have anything else. I need to confirm with my brother if he would be willing to drive with me to Breezewood. View attachment 2004808H
Carolyn,
Your coop looks cute. Out of curiosity, what size is it? They’re currently in a 6x6 coop with a 10x10 run. I put so much work into it...I guess I’ll have to sell it.😢 We had planned to fence in part of the yard so they had free range area, but hadn’t gotten to it before the cold weather hit.

Breezewood is good. I’ve stopped there for gas a few times, so I’m sure we can find a restaurant or gas station parking lot to meet up in. I can meet pretty much whenever we both have the time. I make my own schedule, so I’m flexible. We can wait until early spring if you want, or if you’re ready earlier, that’s fine, too. You can have whatever food I have when you get them. I’m giving them layer feed pellets, occasional scratch grains, oyster shell and some kitchen scraps. They like popcorn if I have some leftover(no butter or salt on theirs of course). I have a feeder and a waterer that you could have, too. I have an old dog crate that I can put them in that you can have to get them home.

Carolyn,
Your coop looks cute. Out of curiosity, what size is it? They’re currently in a 6x6 coop with a 10x10 run. I put so much work into it...I guess I’ll have to sell it.😢 We had planned to fence in part of the yard so they had free range area, but hadn’t gotten to it before the cold weather hit.

Breezewood is good. I’ve stopped there for gas a few times, so I’m sure we can find a restaurant or gas station parking lot to meet up in. I can meet pretty much whenever we both have the time. I make my own schedule, so I’m flexible. We can wait until early spring if you want, or if you’re ready earlier, that’s fine, too. You can have whatever food I have when you get them. I’m giving them layer feed pellets, occasional scratch grains, oyster shell and some kitchen scraps. They like popcorn if I have some leftover(no butter or salt on theirs of course). I have a feeder and a waterer that you could have, too. I have an old dog crate that I can put them in that you can have to get them home.
Hi Maria,
My coop is a little bit bigger than yours. The coop is 7'X6' and the run is 7'X12'. They will have plenty of room until I can get the run extended. I had planned on making the run another 12' of space so that they would have plenty of room when they couldn't be free range. I also have a large wire dog crate that I can bring. If I can borrow more dog crates I will. I appreciate the extra food, feeder and waterer offer. That's a shame about your coop. From what I could see in the picture it looks very nice and colorful! I will talk to my brother this weekend and see what he thinks about a time. It will most likely be on a Saturday that we can get them unless I can get him to take off work. I am flexible, it could be any day. I would be too nervous to drive by myself. Talk to you soon, Carolyn

Carolyn,

It sounds like you have a great place for them. I’m happy about that. We have another egg layer. Towanda, the Buff Brahma, has laid 2 lightly-speckled brown eggs, one today and one yesterday. I thought it would happen soon. It just wasn’t right for Daisy to do all the work, LOL!

I understand what you mean about being nervous about driving when you aren’t accustomed to it. I remember being terrified the first time driving the PA Turnpike. I was like that for a long time, but have gotten used to it over time. Now, I travel to teach, so solo drives can be pretty long, up tp 10 hours or so.

I’ll take a look at places we can meet up when you’re ready...just let me know when.

Carolyn,

It sounds like you have a great place for them. I’m happy about that. We have another egg layer. Towanda, the Buff Brahma, has laid 2 lightly-speckled brown eggs, one today and one yesterday. I thought it would happen soon. It just wasn’t right for Daisy to do all the work, LOL!

I understand what you mean about being nervous about driving when you aren’t accustomed to it. I remember being terrified the first time driving the PA Turnpike. I was like that for a long time, but have gotten used to it over time. Now, I travel to teach, so solo drives can be pretty long, up tp 10 hours or so.

I’ll take a look at places we can meet up when you’re ready...just let me know when.
Hi Maria,
I talked to my brother this weekend and he is willing to ride with me to pick up the chickens. Would Feb 22nd work for you? That's a Saturday. I thought maybe meet around 12 so that it would give me enough time to get back home(I think it may take 3 hrs, hopefully less) before dark so that they could have sometime in the new coop before it gets dark. If that day/time is agreeable please send me the address of someplace that would be good to meet.

Also how big is the dog crate you mentioned? Does it hold all 8 chickens? I have a wire dog cage that I can bring and I could borrow another therefore you would be able to keep your dog crate if you wanted too. I think the crate I have would hold 4 comfortably.

I'm glad to hear they are laying.
We should continue this conversation via the conversation feature I think. If you click on my user name there is a button to send a message. I assume it goes to the email address on file that was used to register.

Thanks,
Carolyn

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom