mixed or something else

Sylverfly

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Northeastern Michigan

She's just recently gotten the black feathering on her head and it seems to be continuing down her back. She also has an extremely long tail and I don't think she is full grown since she's still getting new feathers without molting and has grown since I've had her and her comb is pale pink not red. Also she has not laid an egg yet as far as I know anyway. Do you think she is a mix? I bought some birds and was told they were hatchery birds but at least one of that group seems to be mixed so its possible she is a mix or a hatchery bird. She has a very loud piercing squawk, and is very vocal which is not the best but I think she is a pretty hen, I have about 4 others who look almost identical to her as well so I was curious as to what she/they might be. Thanks.

She looks like a mix to me, but I'm not sure what breeds could be in her. Is she large-fowl or bantam sized? She's a pretty little bird!

I think she's pretty too, and right now she's a little bit smaller then a white leghorn, but I don't think she is fully mature so might get a little bigger still? I have no idea how old she is so who knows? I have a few other hens the same size, age, and exact color of her so I thought maybe they were all the same breed or a hatchery breed, but they are probably just a barnyard mix I guess. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom