Mixing Chicken Breeds?

Beautiful birds posted so far! The d'Anvers mix...I just wanna give him a big hug
big_smile.png

Quote:
That bird, LOL, has been a hot topic here at my place the last couple years. My daughter claimed it as a chick a couple of years ago, insisting that it was a pullet. I said cockerel, she said pullet, and so the war began. I was taking extra cockerels to the sale barn about a month later, and snuck this bird into the group because I was sure he was a cockerel. There we sat in the front row as they pulled "her" out of the cage to auction off. She started wailing and accusing me of all kinds of not nice stuff, causing a big scene. The bird sold, the audience is looking at me and grumbling even not nicer things like I'm a monster for selling my daughter's pullet. I said, it's a cockerel! They all said no, it's a pullet. I had to buy that dang bird back for 3 times the money from the guy. A few months later, that pullet is breeding my hens. He did go to a new home last month to breed someone else's hens.

Quote:
That bird, LOL, has been a hot topic here at my place the last couple years. My daughter claimed it as a chick a couple of years ago, insisting that it was a pullet. I said cockerel, she said pullet, and so the war began. I was taking extra cockerels to the sale barn about a month later, and snuck this bird into the group because I was sure he was a cockerel. There we sat in the front row as they pulled "her" out of the cage to auction off. She started wailing and accusing me of all kinds of not nice stuff, causing a big scene. The bird sold, the audience is looking at me and grumbling even not nicer things like I'm a monster for selling my daughter's pullet. I said, it's a cockerel! They all said no, it's a pullet. I had to buy that dang bird back for 3 times the money from the guy. A few months later, that pullet is breeding my hens. He did go to a new home last month to breed someone else's hens.

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

27817_1518458881606_1238536230_31519150_7856150_n.jpg

My Phoenix mix breed Hawkstrider. Hes got the Phoenix tail but can't figure out where he gets the color and body shape from. Hes so FAT and LAZY! He is the dominant roo but he never fights with the others. My little Serama roo tried to tangle with him. THAT was a funny sight! He was laying down and just stared down at the little guy like "Seriously?". He stood up and the little guy ran off. It was HILARIOUS!

Back
Top Bottom