MIXING CHICKS DIFFERENT AGES? SAFE?

chicken lady 555

In the Brooder
May 22, 2021
Hi,
I have a 1 day old chick and he seems very happy and content in his little brooder box.

In 10/11 days my other chicks should hatch. I just wondered if it would be okay to mix my 1 chick with the ones due? So one, 10/11 day old chick alone mixing with maybe 6 one/two day old.
Or should I possibly just buy a friend today for my 1 day old chick so he can get used to another little friend before I mix in 10 days?
Thank you in advance

Hi,
I have a 1 day old chick and he seems very happy and content in his little brooder box.

In 10/11 days my other chicks should hatch. I just wondered if it would be okay to mix my 1 chick with the ones due? So one, 10/11 day old chick alone mixing with maybe 6 one/two day old.
Or should I possibly just buy a friend today for my 1 day old chick so he can get used to another little friend before I mix in 10 days?
Thank you in advance
If you can get a single chick for your lone chick I would do that. Then when the rest hatch they can go in with the older ones as long as you have a very large brooder. For 8 chicks I would want at least 16 sq feet of brooder space.

Back
Top Bottom