mixing geese?

goose377

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 18, 2010
western NY
I'm finally going to order my goslings this year and i was wondering if a Toulouse and sebastopol would get along?
hu.gif
and I have also read that it is not a good idea to imprint them because it will make them meaner

There is no reason not to mix these two breeds. Gary and Audrey Overton breed both and the people oriented attitude of the Sebastopols has been a nice influence on the Toulouse goslings who can sometimes tend to be rather shy. As far as imprinting I'm not sure exactly where to draw a line that says these are imprinted while these are just well raised and used to people, at least their keeper. My own might be described as somewhat imprinted and can be awful when breeding. Nicest, most sociable companions you could ever want the rest of the year. [email protected] www.sebastopols.freeforums.org

I only have toulouse but they are quite docile. I've heard you can mix breeds but don't put a docile breed with a more aggressive. I know there are quite a few here that have embden and toulouse together although online info says not to. I am thinking if they are raised together you will have better luck.
I would love some more breeds of geese, too. Sebastopols are so beautiful!
I handled my first batch of toulouse and they were good pets and not mean at all. Lost them to a predator and now have full grown dewlap toulouse. they were mean from the beginning. One is friendly enough to hand feed but he will attack anyone that comes in the yard.
smile.png

sebastopols and toulouse are both known for being quiet farm friendly geese and I don't see any reason why you can't raise them together.

Back
Top Bottom