Mixing silkie colors

JacinLarkwell

Addict
Premium Feather Member
Mar 19, 2020
South-Eastern Montana
Looking to try and figure out what these color mixes will make. I know it won't be real recognised colors, I'm just looking for fun since it's more than likely I end up with an accident male

BuffxPartridge
BuffxSilver Partridge
PartridgexSilver Partridge

PartridgexSilver Partridge

If the male is Partridge, you'll get sexlink chicks: brown or red or gold for the females, silver for the males. Both will be partridge pattern, and the "silver" on the males might have yellow or red or other off-colors in it because of being mixed.

If the male is the Silver Partridge, both genders will be Silver Partridge, but probably not a nice clean silver (yellowish, or red leakage, or other off-colors.)

BuffxPartridge
Some shade of brown in the chicks, possibly with some kind of black patterning. I don't know exact details--the genetic information I can find says that Buff is complicated and not fully understood :rolleyes:

BuffxSilver Partridge
Buff father, Silver Partridge mother: sexlinked chicks, with gold daughters, silver sons. Like the other buff-crosses, I don't know exactly what patterns will appear in the feathers. Like the other sexlinked cross, the "silver" males might not have a pretty shade of silver.

Silver Partridge mother, Buff father: all chicks "silver," but maybe not a pretty silver. And I don't know what kind of patterns will appear in the feathers.

If the male is Partridge, you'll get sexlink chicks: brown or red or gold for the females, silver for the males. Both will be partridge pattern, and the "silver" on the males might have yellow or red or other off-colors in it because of being mixed.

If the male is the Silver Partridge, both genders will be Silver Partridge, but probably not a nice clean silver (yellowish, or red leakage, or other off-colors.)

Some shade of brown in the chicks, possibly with some kind of black patterning. I don't know exact details--the genetic information I can find says that Buff is complicated and not fully understood :rolleyes:

Buff father, Silver Partridge mother: sexlinked chicks, with gold daughters, silver sons. Like the other buff-crosses, I don't know exactly what patterns will appear in the feathers. Like the other sexlinked cross, the "silver" males might not have a pretty shade of silver.

Silver Partridge mother, Buff father: all chicks "silver," but maybe not a pretty silver. And I don't know what kind of patterns will appear in the feathers.
Okay, thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom