MJ's little flock

I read up and one of the views are that she's been overdosed on protein. Funny without even reading up I'd already started offering her fruit and cucumber.
She took both out of my hand very gently then when I picked her up too oil her comb and wattles she pecked and pecked at me :confused: she's a funny one :D
What is the % protein in the chicken food you provide?

Mary has been hilarious today! Instead of taking a drink from the cup, she's been plunging her whole face in as far as it will go, right up to her eyes! Then she lifts her face out and says aaaahhhhhh then takes a sip from the overspill drips hanging on underneath. This went on for about 20 minutes!

Next time she gets going with a big face wash, I'll try for a video.

I feel like I should hang a chicken-sized towel by her bathroom sink :gig
Hahaha, oh Mary 💜
Belle has been getting her wattles soaked while drinking lately then her feathers under her beak down to her crop are all wet from the dripping.
They are amazingly crazy creatures 🥰

Thank you!! I need all the support I can get.

Coronation Sussexes... One of my dream chickens... If they had speckled too I'd be a goner!
So you don’t want to hear ‘get them!’? 😂
Belle is my heart chicken, I don’t blame you for loving Sussexes, and to think I wasn’t sure about getting her to begin with. She has grown into such a beautiful looking girl from the awkward looking baby she was.

40051395-9C83-4561-8A4F-B1729591938A.jpeg
E243E985-E833-4A89-97FE-302315ACE4F8.jpeg

You can kinda see in the second photo that her black spots between her wings are like little hearts.
Violet pointed it out to me the other week, I hadn’t noticed 💜

She tore her rotator cuff shortly after coming home from rehab, so mid to late July last year. Got her into the ortho he gave her a shot and she was scheduled to start PT when she broke her wrist. So the shoulder was put on hold. Her Ortho ordered an MRI for her in January, but she had to wait for her angioseal to heal up. So here we are and it's finally fixed.
Oh dear! I hope you are healing well, what a run of pain for you 😕

So you don’t want to hear ‘get them!’? 😂
Belle is my heart chicken, I don’t blame you for loving Sussexes, and to think I wasn’t sure about getting her to begin with. She has grown into such a beautiful looking girl from the awkward looking baby she was.

View attachment 2845228View attachment 2845229
You can kinda see in the second photo that her black spots between her wings are like little hearts.
Violet pointed it out to me the other week, I hadn’t noticed 💜
Is she friendly? Does she sit in your lap?

Is she friendly? Does she sit in your lap?
She will jump up on my knee but I’m not allowed to touch. She’s very curious and sprints to me when I go outside. She used to get up on my shoulder if I was sitting on the ground. Hasn’t been ground sitting weather though for a while.
This video you might remember from last summer when I got them…

292CCEE9-E920-4257-82CC-F00278960A24.jpeg

Still doing it a few months later 🥰

Last edited:
She will jump up on my knee but I’m not allowed to touch. She’s very curious and sprints to me when I go outside. She used to get up on my shoulder if I was sitting on the ground. Hasn’t been ground sitting weather though for a while.
This video you might remember from last summer when I got them…

View attachment 2845279
Still doing it a few months later 🥰
I remember it now you've reminded me! All chickens are gorgeous and I really don't care about breeds, but somehow I have a weakness for Sussexes.

Back
Top Bottom