MJ's little flock

MaryJanet

Vets know best.
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2018
Adelaide, South Australia
My Coop
My Coop
Far out! A minute ago, I was in my garden chair, hens around me, digging as they do, while I caught up on Bob's thread.

I heard a noise and thought oh no, not a drone. I loathe drones, disturbing the peacefulness and snooping on people.

It wasn't a drone. Bees. A huge swarm of bees. I ran inside and watched from safety as they made their way over the back fence, and across the neighbourhood.

🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

I was frightened but now I'm actually thinking about it, I don't think there was any need for fear.

RoyalChick

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Nov 3, 2019
Northern New Jersey
My Coop
My Coop
Far out! A minute ago, I was in my garden chair, hens around me, digging as they do, while I caught up on Bob's thread.

I heard a noise and thought oh no, not a drone. I loathe drones, disturbing the peacefulness and snooping on people.

It wasn't a drone. Bees. A huge swarm of bees. I ran inside and watched from safety as they made their way over the back fence, and across the neighbourhood.

🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

I was frightened but now I'm actually thinking about it, I don't think there was any need for fear.
Any pictures?
The bees are very active around me right now - most flowers are over but I have a lot of Golden Rod and they are all over that so when I sit outside there is a lovely humming sound almost everywhere. Love bees!

BY Bob

Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA
My Coop
My Coop

🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

That is cool. A new colony is forming. Great news. That must have been some sight to see.

MaryJanet

Vets know best.
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2018
My Coop
My Coop
Any pictures?
The bees are very active around me right now - most flowers are over but I have a lot of Golden Rod and they are all over that so when I sit outside there is a lovely humming sound almost everywhere. Love bees!
No pictures, sorry. It was over surprisingly quickly and I was thinking BEEEEES!!! BEEEEES!!! so very completely the thought of taking a photo didn't have a chance.

MaryJanet

Vets know best.
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2018
My Coop
My Coop
Any pictures?
I like the hum of busy bees too, they make great use of the bottle brush, but this was on a different level. It was louder and it was a more determined, purposeful sound

Top Bottom