MJ's little flock

Far out! A minute ago, I was in my garden chair, hens around me, digging as they do, while I caught up on Bob's thread.

I heard a noise and thought oh no, not a drone. I loathe drones, disturbing the peacefulness and snooping on people.

It wasn't a drone. Bees. A huge swarm of bees. I ran inside and watched from safety as they made their way over the back fence, and across the neighbourhood.

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

I was frightened but now I'm actually thinking about it, I don't think there was any need for fear.

Far out! A minute ago, I was in my garden chair, hens around me, digging as they do, while I caught up on Bob's thread.

I heard a noise and thought oh no, not a drone. I loathe drones, disturbing the peacefulness and snooping on people.

It wasn't a drone. Bees. A huge swarm of bees. I ran inside and watched from safety as they made their way over the back fence, and across the neighbourhood.

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

I was frightened but now I'm actually thinking about it, I don't think there was any need for fear.
Any pictures?
The bees are very active around me right now - most flowers are over but I have a lot of Golden Rod and they are all over that so when I sit outside there is a lovely humming sound almost everywhere. Love bees!

That is cool. A new colony is forming. Great news. That must have been some sight to see.

Any pictures?
The bees are very active around me right now - most flowers are over but I have a lot of Golden Rod and they are all over that so when I sit outside there is a lovely humming sound almost everywhere. Love bees!
No pictures, sorry. It was over surprisingly quickly and I was thinking BEEEEES!!! BEEEEES!!! so very completely the thought of taking a photo didn't have a chance.

Any pictures?
I like the hum of busy bees too, they make great use of the bottle brush, but this was on a different level. It was louder and it was a more determined, purposeful sound

That is cool. A new colony is forming. Great news. That must have been some sight to see.
It was!

Another time I saw a much larger swarm not far from here, on the shopping street where all the people were. That swarm was very impressive.

Back
Top Bottom