MJ's little flock

I have locally sourced mince beef, it's frozen but can be defrosted. I'll only use the beef parts, will this work? Thank you for your help :)

@rjohns39

View attachment 2873491
@Marie2020 Get her out of the sink. Don't bath chickens in water like that.
If you want to clean her bum then a tiny bowl of warm water and a cloth is all that's needed.

Trying to get hold of beef liver.

Amber went down rock bottom this morning. I can't believe the change in the flock, which they have suddenly become. Agatha and flexi was sitting on the perch at one point then as I went out again they all came running together.

I can't get my head around this part. I brought her outside into the sun for a little while to try to get her too eat. She nibbled a little then went behind the bench, first flexi and her were sort of rubbing beaks and as flexi moved Tina moved right up too her. I had to bring her inside again she needed to be quiet. She wanted to be on my lap. :(
She needs to be with her friends Marie.

Four hens occupying the back porch.

IMG_2021-10-22-15-41-13-311.jpg

I think Mary's comb is more salmon pink than pastel today, so that's good.

IMG_2021-10-22-15-36-55-064.jpg

It seems fuller too.

She was off the nest when I left for work and was off the nest when I came home. She may have been up all day.

I can keep a watchful eye on her tomorrow and I hope to see her off the nest all day.

Marie, I’m so sorry about Amber. Is she still with us? If so, a calm, warm place to relax is what she needs. And to be with her friends if it’s warm enough.

Have I mentioned before that her left eye looks a lot like ocular Marek’s? It’s possible she had something you cannot help.

I do know this: stress kills. If she is still with us, keep the stress to a minimum… as little handling (unless she wants it), changes, etc. as possible would be best. Please try to remain calm. Hugs to you!

Marie, add some fatty fish to her diet, like salmon or mackerel. Raw beef liver is good too.
Hi John. Can you elaborate on the raw beef liver? I’ve been cooking it for my hens, but could try offering raw. Also, as far as canned fish… I’ve been serving sardines in water, because it’s the only canned fish I can find without added salt. What are your thoughts on oil vs. salt? For the record, both of these items are treats for during molt, if I think someone’s looking anemic, or if minimal freerange time is keeping them from finding animal protein, but not necessarily a regular part of their diet. Thanks for weighing in!

I've been wanting an outdoor table for the chicken run for some time. I want to be able to examine chickens on it and sort feed but mainly I wanted the chooks to be able to perch under it for shelter from the rain like BYBob's girls do under his decking table.

All the ones I've seen have cost well over $100 and very few of them seem to have the bracing underneath that the chooks could perch on. Many of them have plank type wooden tops which the rain would drip through anyway. :barnie

Guess what I saw being thrown out on the verge today?

View attachment 2860775

Score! And it fits in the run too!:love
How is the table working out ACM?

Back
Top Bottom