MJ's little flock

Well, she's always had a cascading tail rather than upright, which is to type for Australian Australorps, but not for American Australorps. Same with her big black eyes.

But her tail feathers are still growing.

This shot is from last winter. She's fully feathered here but without an upright tail. She's always been pink skinned rather than red. She's been wormed and her fecal floats are normal. She goes red when stressed. So mayber she has a circulatory problem.
Anyway, she's rarely stressed and rarely red.

View attachment 2077950
Those black eyes are a bit disconcerting if you are not used to them.
I bet she's got some lovely colours in full daylight.

Interesting seeing how much wattle movement there is when in motion.
P4063090.JPG

Well, she's always had a cascading tail rather than upright, which is to type for Australian Australorps, but not for American Australorps. Same with her big black eyes.

But her tail feathers are still growing.

This shot is from last winter. She's fully feathered here but without an upright tail. She's always been pink skinned rather than red. She's been wormed and her fecal floats are normal. She goes red when stressed. So mayber she has a circulatory problem.
Anyway, she's rarely stressed and rarely red.

View attachment 2077950
She is beautiful. But you are right, no upright tail. I never noticed that before

Interesting seeing how much wattle movement there is when in motion.
View attachment 2078090
Have you ever read any of the studies equating larger wattles with attractiveness to hens? It seems the bigger the wattles the more the ladies are drawn to him.

I wanted to post some pictures for every one to enjoy!!!

View attachment 2078179
This is Main St in New Bloomfield, the town I live in.

View attachment 2078183
Scooby and Rex are becoming fast friends.

View attachment 2078194
Fluffy butts!!!

View attachment 2078197
My ladies beautiful eggs!

I made all the pictures thumbnails so hopefully it won't cause any issues!😁🐔
I love watching cats and dogs play. So cute. I'm so glad they are becoming friends.

Are those Stanley's long orange legs?

You have beautiful eggs.

Those black eyes are a bit disconcerting if you are not used to them.
I bet she's got some lovely colours in full daylight.

When you get up close (if they let you!) you can see the iris isn’t black but dark brown, and can see the pupil separately. Charlie has a green sheen to her feathers in the sunlight.

Back
Top Bottom