MJ's little flock

Unfortunately I've had to deal with a lot of coccidiosis here.
Six years ago I burnt the entire section of ground Tribe 2,3 and 4 had their coops on and that greatly improved things. They eat close to their coops at dusk.
Hmmm I wonder if burning the ground is an option in the chickens' yard. I'll have to check with the council.

So do I.:)
I will be a bit more tidy shortly because I would like to get to eat at least one of the gooseberries this year and hopefully some tomatoes.:rolleyes:
I hope the chickens weren't reading that post over your shoulder! They'll be marking the gooseberries and tomatoes "urgent" on the foraging to-do list :gig

Ivy is working on a plan to bust Peggy out of the travel box.

Step 1. Inspect the perimeter with one eye while whistling a happy tune to allay suspicion.

IMG20200526104549.jpg

The news

Both hens are staying overnight.

Peggy needs to provide a usable poo sample.

Janet is having surgery to remove a lump of pus before it damages her bone any further.

I'll collect them both tomorrow.
I'm so glad you took Janet. Do you know what bone is involved? I'm so glad you got her there as soon as you did.

As far as your shy pooper, what chicken doesn't poop all the time? Someone is shy.

I'm so glad you took Janet. Do you know what bone is involved? I'm so glad you got her there as soon as you did.

As far as your shy pooper, what chicken doesn't poop all the time? Someone is shy.
I took a photo of the description of the surgery on the consent form, which mentions sinus. That's all I know.

IMG_20200526_125456.jpg

Peggy had done some poo but it was all mixed up with the food I'd put in there in case she got hungry.

Back
Top Bottom