MJ's little flock

Update: Beetov-Hen attacked Canna just now, so Beetov-Hen is getting a time out. away from the rest of the flock (She was going to kill Canna)who is weak already. :(
I'm glad you noticed. There not much more you can do. Keep a close eye when you let her back.

And they are?

The pros are that it absorbs a lot of the smell, it clumps together when wet, it seems to break down well when buried in the garden (it says you can flush it but I don’t). The main con is that is also breaks down into a powder which then gets tracked.

Interesting - I never had that issue. I did have that issue with clay where there were little clay footprints up the stairs from the basement!
I have put mats (old carpet) like doormats that the cats have to walk across to wipe their feet and that helps - but I did that before switching to pine.

We also have a mat next to the litter boxes which helps, but the tofu litter also gets everywhere. The sawdust would start to make the carpet grubby but as the tofu one is white, it doesn’t do that. The tofu litter also sifts nicely through the scoop, whereas the pine pellets were too big.

Is Fudge one of the bantams? I thought they had rose combs, but her's is very upright.
She's not a bantam although she has some bantam genes. She's a bitsa and belongs to Tribe 1. She's number three in the hierarchy although one could be forgiven for not noticing. It's only at treat and food time she makes sure the juniors know her position. She's generally an easy going hen and she's a good mother.

Back
Top Bottom